• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I changed my first water pump.......

troutman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
53   0
Reaction score
In the Advance Auto Parts parking lot in Tuscaloosa, AL. Using their "tool box" which was a bunch of sockets, but no wrench, a pair of Chinese channel locks and a few wrenches.

I couldn't get the big fan clutch nut off, so I ended up cutting the clutch in half with my angle grinder and ziss wheel to get the fan blades(they didn't have these in stock) and buying a new clutch assembly. I am a cabinet installer, so luckily had my installation tools.

I left home at 4am and got home at 11pm, but I got it done!

Ive only changed one. 79 Buick 231. Only thing is I had to do it three times before I got one that didn’t leak at the shaft. Was pretty good at it by the last one.

It would of been easier to do at home. You would of gotten home a lot earlier that way to. just throwing that out there.

(HEAVY sarcasm font in case it didn't come through)

Dude next time post here for help.
I’ve got an air hammer operated fan clutch tool that knocks them loose easily.
Would be glad to help if you’re not on the other side of the state.

I appreciate it, but I was in Alabama when it went out. I'm cheap and didn't want to have it towed all the way back to my house.
It would of been easier to do at home. You would of gotten home a lot earlier that way to. just throwing that out there.

(HEAVY sarcasm font in case it didn't come through)

Dang man, I never thought of that!:)

In the Advance Auto Parts parking lot in Tuscaloosa, AL. Using their "tool box" which was a bunch of sockets, but no wrench, a pair of Chinese channel locks and a few wrenches.

I couldn't get the big fan clutch nut off, so I ended up cutting the clutch in half with my angle grinder and ziss wheel to get the fan blades(they didn't have these in stock) and buying a new clutch assembly. I am a cabinet installer, so luckily had my installation tools.

I left home at 4am and got home at 11pm, but I got it done!
Reminds me of the "Good'Ol days" when i had 2 teenage daughters on the road at the Same Time . LOL GoodTimes , GoodTimes foeSho

I got back in town yesterday to my sons truck towed home on Saturday. I get the fun of trying to find a lose wire or a live short somewhere in it. I'm going to have a fun night tonight.

I'd say to myself "They're worth it" over and over . It seemed to help

I'll give my boy credit he tried. I think the ground wire has come lose. It will run well then just shut down. Pop the hood and wiggle wires and lights will come back on and crank right back up

Back
Top Bottom