• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I believe...

Shmelton

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
I hate taking folks turkey hunting that don’t have a clue about it. I know it’s selfish, I should never feel that way, I should introduce hunters to the sport, but all of you who think that are either better men then I am or you are full of chit.

No one ever took me. When I was 16 I bought a gobble tube, an HS Strut DVD with 3 calls, and a lil deuce slate. I skipped the hell out of school, and taught myself. It took four yrs to kill my 1st, but guess what? I did it. I will teach my boy, I will teach my nephew. But, man I am selfish when it comes to killing birds, whether it’s Turkey, or ducks.

This is how most every diehard turkey hunter I have ever known feels...You ask why do we feel that way? Because you Aholes that know nothing about turkey hunting won’t listen. You say things like:

Let’s sit on this food plot...if I wanted to sit on that food plot, we’d be sitting there.

Should we set up here before the birds start gobbling? Noooo, if he ain’t gobbling I’m not going to hunt him! Especially if there are a ton of birds around.

Are we getting to close? If I thought we were I wouldn’t be getting closer.

Do you want me to owl hoot? If I shove that hooter up ur arse you can hoot all you want.

If you don’t have 10 birds under your belt I want you to follow me, shut up, and leave all of your calls at home. When I say sit you sit where I say sit. When I get up and run you run, when I say shoot you shoot. Other then that shut up!

When the hunt over that’s when you ask questions!

Rant over thanks for being my turkey therapist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have a degree in education.

I taught myself to deer hunt, I never went until I was in my mid twenties. It took three years for me to get my first deer, I've shot atleast one a year since. Nothing like the first one
I've been thinking about getting into turkey hunting.

It's hard teaching someone who doesn't want to listen or someone who thinks turkey hunting is like deer hunting where you just sit and wait. If you wanna kill em you gotta work for em...

I use to turkey hunt, to much walking for me now. Still deer hunt and go for alligators when I get a permit

I hate taking folks turkey hunting that don’t have a clue about it. I know it’s selfish, I should never feel that way, I should introduce hunters to the sport, but all of you who think that are either better men then I am or you are full of chit.

No one ever took me. When I was 16 I bought a gobble tube, an HS Strut DVD with 3 calls, and a lil deuce slate. I skipped the hell out of school, and taught myself. It took four yrs to kill my 1st, but guess what? I did it. I will teach my boy, I will teach my nephew. But, man I am selfish when it comes to killing birds, whether it’s Turkey, or ducks.

This is how most every diehard turkey hunter I have ever known feels...You ask why do we feel that way? Because you Aholes that know nothing about turkey hunting won’t listen. You say things like:

Let’s sit on this food plot...if I wanted to sit on that food plot, we’d be sitting there.

Should we set up here before the birds start gobbling? Noooo, if he ain’t gobbling I’m not going to hunt him! Especially if there are a ton of birds around.

Are we getting to close? If I thought we were I wouldn’t be getting closer.

Do you want me to owl hoot? If I shove that hooter up ur arse you can hoot all you want.

If you don’t have 10 birds under your belt I want you to follow me, shut up, and leave all of your calls at home. When I say sit you sit where I say sit. When I get up and run you run, when I say shoot you shoot. Other then that shut up!

When the hunt over that’s when you ask questions!

Rant over thanks for being my turkey therapist.

LOL

It's hard teaching someone who doesn't want to listen or someone who thinks turkey hunting is like deer hunting where you just sit and wait. If you wanna kill em you gotta work for em...

And people who sit on food plots all morning have ruined turkey hunting. Back when I started you went where a bird gobbled. Property lines did not matter. If another hunter walked in on your set up on his own property he would set up with you or move out. It was an unwritten rule up till about 2010. Then it became trespassing. Hell, I walked by many farmers feeding cattle after a gobbling bird, and they would just wave them go back to what they were doing. I didn’t know them they didn’t know me. They knew I was crazy for walking two miles across there property to kill a chicken they could buy at the store. The Outdoor Channel ruined it all with the promotion of the Double Bull blind. Ain’t never killed a turkey with a blind, a decoy, or an Owl hooter, never will.

If a turkey won’t come to you, you leave him, and he will come looking later. Never had a reason to sit in a blind except to get out of a thunderstorm.

Back
Top Bottom