• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am Selfish I wanted Seafood tonight

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
Gave my Bride a cheeseburger and I cooked a meal I wanted for a change..Finished 3 bites and to tired to eat anymore..
I did a Honey glazed, Soy Sauce, garlic and Ginger Marinade for the shrimp. Then pan seared Scallops, Sea Salt, Course Pepper sear in butter, then added fresh lemon and garlic paste after I flipped them...Spanish rice and Fresh Yellow Squash with Vidailia Onions.
Seafood.jpg
seafood1.jpg

Is seafood as good as people make it out to be? I've been allergic since my birth and haven't been able to eat any without my throat swelling shut.

Gave my Bride a cheeseburger and I cooked a meal I wanted for a change..Finished 3 bites and to tired to eat anymore..
I did a Honey glazed, Soy Sauce, garlic and Ginger Marinade for the shrimp. Then pan seared Scallops, Sea Salt, Course Pepper sear in butter, then added fresh lemon and garlic paste after I flipped them...Spanish rice and Fresh Yellow Squash with Vidailia Onions.
View attachment 2672895
View attachment 2672896
looks like the Keys in the 60's.Yum yum

Is seafood as good as people make it out to be? I've been allergic since my birth and haven't been able to eat any without my throat swelling shut.
That Sucks! It's all about taste, but yes it is and sorry you cannot enjoy...But like any other food it is a matter of choice..None that I know of like all seafood, just some of the different choices..Be it fish fried, baked, broiled, Pan cooked, smoked or raw and then you have Crustaceans..Lobster, shrimp, Oysters, Clams, Crab and on and on...

I thought you were gonna be selfish for shellfish.

I like most all of it, but mussels....can take em or leave em. Everything from calamari to crawfish, oysters, catfish, crab, lobster and sushi.

Shrimp and scallops are a regular at my house. The shrimp are local and plentiful. I get what they call "dry scallops" at my local seafood store. They are fresh, never frozen. It makes a big difference in consistency. Frozen scallops seem to have a lot of water in them after thawed. Fresh don't. I love pan searing them and finishing them with some roasted garlic butter.

Back
Top Bottom