• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am looking own investments outside of the US dollar any real suggestion on what investment house will do this?

I could pay off both mortgages today. Why would I when the government is going to devalue the dollar? By switching out to another currency and paying off later after the dollar goes to hell I will pay it off at a fraction of the current value.

The Papier mark started at 4.2 marks to 1 dollar, and dropped to 4.2 Trillion to the same dollar before they replaced it with a new german currency backed by real estate.

When the dollars jumps off the cliff, I want to have my money invested in something not valued in dollars.

yes I expect to pay off my mortgages at a fraction of todays price tag, when I cash in a foreign investment.

"Have money invested in something not valued in dollars". I love it. I just don't have much more faith in any other currencies either.

"Have money invested in something not valued in dollars". I love it. I just don't have much more faith in any other currencies either.
My current advisor suggested the same. Historically when the US goes into recession, the rest of the world does too.

The US hasn’t ever gone into hyperinflation….,yet

My current advisor suggested the same. Historically when the US goes into recession, the rest of the world does too.

The US hasn’t ever gone into hyperinflation….,yet

The bitch of it is, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of places to put money these days. Probably one of the reasons the land market is doing so well. Not saying you can't make dollars in the market right now. People are doing real well. I just can't shake that musical chairs feeling. And I damn sure want to have a seat when the music stops. A lot of folks are pretty psyched about crypto. It's doing really well. But, anything the government can squash with regulation makes me nervous and I find it hard to believe the gov will just allow an alternate currency they don't control. Really all the gov has to do is bring the hammer down on the digital wallets and force all transactions to go through their bank buddies. Maybe there is a way around that. I don’t know. Not an expert. It makes me nervous though. Guess the gov can squash land ownership. Tax it at high rates. Make transfering it a bitch. Something. Really nothings safe. But takes more than a keystroke on a computer to take land I'm sitting on. We live in interesting times.

When governments can do whatever they want, nothing us really safe. The ability to tax, confiscate, regulate, manipulate and obfuscate is built into all our government at every level. Its going to get interesting.

Quoted for truth. That being said they can only do as they please when we sit back and allow it. As we are doing. Every day.

A few of our clients have said great things about Martha Spence. Picture of her card is attached. We have not worked with her directly, but she has referred clients to us and so far we have not heard one bad thing about her.

Just FYI, she is a Financial Advisor, but may be able to recommend you to someone more specifically suited for your needs.

Martha Spence Business Card.jpg

Honest question here for rockyfatcat rockyfatcat .

You say "yes I expect to pay off my mortgages at a fraction of todays price tag, when I cash in a foreign investment."

You also say that you could pay your mortgages off now if you wanted, so my question is....... Why would you want to buy (mortgage) a new house when you could more easily invest the down payment and ongoing estimated mortgage payments in "a foreign investment" also? You would not only see (hopefully) the same increase in exchange value versus the US$, but you would also save the costs associated with having the property, such as insurance, real estate taxes, general upkeep costs for land and building etc. Assuming the house would be rented, you would also be avoiding the possibility of tenant problems such as damage, non-payment of rent, eviction costs etc. etc.

Just wondering, and looking forward to your rationale. By the way, thanks for posting your thought provoking subject of hyperinflation. :yo:

Honest question here for rockyfatcat rockyfatcat .

You say "yes I expect to pay off my mortgages at a fraction of todays price tag, when I cash in a foreign investment."

You also say that you could pay your mortgages off now if you wanted, so my question is....... Why would you want to buy (mortgage) a new house when you could more easily invest the down payment and ongoing estimated mortgage payments in "a foreign investment" also? You would not only see (hopefully) the same increase in exchange value versus the US$, but you would also save the costs associated with having the property, such as insurance, real estate taxes, general upkeep costs for land and building etc. Assuming the house would be rented, you would also be avoiding the possibility of tenant problems such as damage, non-payment of rent, eviction costs etc. etc.

Just wondering, and looking forward to your rationale. By the way, thanks for posting your thought provoking subject of hyperinflation. :yo:
Like it or not. The people in charge will monetize the debt. I want to side-step that elevator going down. By locking in a 30 year loan with 20% down. I will be paying off the balance with cheap printed up dollars when it costs a wheelbarrow full of cash to get a loaf of bread.

When post WW1 Germany started printing money, 1 US dollar was worth 4.2 marks. When Germany replaced that currency with a new currency based upon German Real Estate, the same 1 dollar would get you 4.2 Trillion Of the old marks

As much as I would like to be a Trilliionair, not If it means the dollar is on par with the Zimbabue currency. This is the path they are going down.

In any situation there are 3 types of people:
Those who know what is going to happen before it happens.
Those who know what is happening, while it is happening.
The rest are wondering? What happened?

those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

The idiots in charge are using history as a roadmap as to how to destroy our country.

What is the definition of inflation? Too many dollars chasing too few goods.

Last year, where did they get the 1.9 trillion they handed out like candy? Did they tax it? Did they borrow it? Or did they print it ?

Printing money only devalues the dollar. I don’t want to own investments valued in dollars.

Shotgun Surgery Shotgun Surgery I can't find anything about that in my mortgage papers and my mortgage banker said he's never seen or heard born it before. Can you share where you found this?
It's something I hear from some financial/economic youtube channels I watch. In trying to find specifics via various search engines, I'm having trouble finding anything specifically mentioning this. There are two things about this though.

1: There is something in most mortgage contracts called an alienation clause, which allows the lender to, at almost any time, demand full payment for the remainder of the loan; failure to pay off the remainder of the loan would result in forfeiture of the property. Use of this clause might be what the financial people I watch were referring to. If the currency the loan is denominated in starts to hyperinflate away, then the lenders would have all the motivation in the world to enact the alienation clauses of the loans they've issued in hopes that the borrowers don't have the capital required to pay off their homes. This way, the lenders keep the house instead of being paid back the equivalent of a few months of wages.

Example: Someone still owes $150,000 on a mortgage loan. The USD starts to hyperinflate, so let's say inflation is as bad as 50% per month. A month later, the person still owes $149,500 on their mortgage, but because of the inflation they effectively only owe what used to be $75,000. The lender, seeing that they will soon be owed virtually nothing in just a few months, enacts the alienation clause and demands that the borrower pay back the $150,000 USD right then and there. The borrower, not having $150,000 cash on hand, then automatically forfeits any ownership of the house and any equity they had built up.

2: Obviously, without having read every word of a specific mortgage contract, someone can't say definitively whether or not such an inflation clause is there. Most people, I'm assuming, haven't read every word of their contracts. Though, seeing how the alienation clause works it effectively functions as a 'the lender isn't going to lose no matter-what' catch-all clause.

Back
Top Bottom