• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I ain' eben playin'....we gittin' in an out.

It damned sure does ! I paid off our starter home kind of quick....then we got this one, kept the other one, rented it out for a couple of years & when my daughter graduated college she took it so she has it now....free and clear. She is 30yo and making bank .....she already put $63K into it remodleing.
But we ended up starting over on mortgage and paid this one off in 12yrs .
It feels great knowing you have it....even with the taxes, insurance and upkeep. We will continue to put a payment into a savings account for repairs, etc.
Very smart move continuing to put the payment into savings. My wife and I have been doing this since we paid our house off in 2004. The last three vehicles we’ve bought were paid for in cash.

Very smart move continuing to put the payment into savings. My wife and I have been doing this since we paid our house off in 2004. The last three vehicles we’ve bought were paid for in cash.
Yes. I have always made double payments when i can...even if it is only an extra $100 it helps big time because anything after that payment goes to principle... 100% . I am sure you are aware of this. It makes for a great way to pay something off quick. Turn a 30 year mortgage into a 15 - 20 yr mortgage easy ... sometimes a lot less, like i said earlier we did this one in 12 yrs thereabouts. :)
I hate a car payment....i have always tried to buy vehicles with cash. This is one reason i have never had a brand new one. I got one with 15,000 miles Once. It was a year old but it was a third of what a new one was.

Back
Top Bottom