• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I’m a Professional, just watch this....

I cut one in my backyard years ago. It got hung up in some vines. No problem hooked some chains to it and front tow hook of my truck. Got wife in truck and did another cut she started backing I was yelling go go go. She stopped. Tree fell on my truck. She said she thought I was yelling whoa whoa whoa. Then accused me of trying to kill her. Years later still married. And is very funny when I think about it.

It looks like the lawn guy had a dude helping him by pulling on a rope or tow strap that was tied to the tree. The guy tried to pull the tree towards the street, but that didn't work.
That tree looked long enough to reach, and kill, the guy who was supposed to be pulling it with the rope.
Bad idea #2. When I guide the direction of a tree's fall with a rope, I make the series of ropes, cables, chains, and straps long enough that my car isn't within reach of the tree, even if it came directly at me.

Another problem, though it may not have been the cause of this fudgeup, is that the pull rope was tied way below the tree's center of gravity. That opens up the possibility that the bottom of the tree will kick out, the middle will just stay in place as it rotates, and the top half of the tree goes backward. Eventually the whole tree falls, mostly backward, opposite of the direction you pulled from.

Back
Top Bottom