• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting rifle set ups

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
Rifles, blackpowder, shotguns, even bows...Show your hunting rig(s). I'll start. My ol' trusty .270 BAR and my .30/06 BAR. The .270 is topped with a Redfield Revolution 3x9x40 and has the old Kane gun chaps. They work. It doesn't have a scratch on it. The .30/06 is now topped with a Revolution 3x9x50, although not in the pictures. I bought some Gun Huggies for it. If anyone out there is looking for something great for protecting the wood on their rifles, Google Gun Huggies. They are awesome and the best thing since Gun Chaps...
Love my Brownings.

Picture 449.jpgPicture 460.jpg

These two

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 126
  • sig556 001.jpg
    sig556 001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 129
Is that .308? Are you hunting iron sights? I will be hunting with iron sights with muzzleloader. Maybe I can find a picture of it...

Love the CZ. The SP01 is an awesome weapon.

What are we hunting Deer?
Here's my favorite, An older flatback Savage 116 FLCSAK in 30-06

Here's one that even though it's not a Savage will also work, A Remington 700CDL SF anniversary edition in 30-06

I prolly got a few more suitable rigs around here somewhere. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MRH
For the record, both of these guns were purchased or traded for through these forums. Thanks ODT :D

Pictured at the top is a CZ550 Safari Magnum in .458 Win Mag, for those REALLY big pigs I keep hearing about.

Pictured below it is a neat Remington 700 SPS, chambered in .308 Win, Timney trigger, muzzle break, and Ghost ring back up iron sights for the Leupold 2-7x compact scope mounted on it in Warne QD rings. This rifle has become one of my all time favorites. Its accurate, short, handy to use, in a decent caliber, and lightweight.

Regards,

Rob

CZ 550 and custom 700 SPS_308.jpg

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom