Hunting On Public Land

BIKER13

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
Indians wont bother you now cuz you are touched
1340   0
Reaction score
public land hunt.jpg
When the sun comes up.bahahahahahahaha

Years ago I was waiting to drop a deer off at a processor at Greshamville Mall (lol) outside of Greensboro. Some dude was in front of me with a little 1.5 year old buck. We started talking and he mentioned he killed it at Redlands. He said he could hear a lot of shooting and the shooting got closer and closer. Eventually this buck trotted out in front of him and appeared to be out of gas from getting shot at so much. Well the poor little fella took a well placed rifle slug to the boiler room and ended up at the Mall.

Public lands in GA can be great if you scout, find spots, and do preseason work.

If you want to show up opening morning, walk a hundred feet and climb a tree, don't expect much.

Have multiple back-up plans, if someone is at your spot(s).

IMO, Georgia DNR does a terrific job on WMA's.

I hunt Region 2 mostly, and can honestly say that, so far, this season, I've had more successful hunts than on nearby private land.

Public lands in GA can be great if you scout, find spots, and do preseason work.

If you want to show up opening morning, walk a hundred feet and climb a tree, don't expect much.

Have multiple back-up plans, if someone is at your spot(s).

IMO, Georgia DNR does a terrific job on WMA's.

I hunt Region 2 mostly, and can honestly say that, so far, this season, I've had more successful hunts than on nearby private land.
You are absolutely correct sir. But I have four decent sized WMAs near me and two out of the four are really managed great and the other two not so much.

You are absolutely correct sir. But I have four decent sized WMAs near me and two out of the four are really managed great and the other two not so much.
Assuming pine log is one of those.. me and the wife took our niece up there to fish some and there was a guy walking out in orange toting his rifle, I asked him if he saw anything (knowing pine log wasn’t open) and he said that he shot a spike but made a bad shot and couldn’t find it... I then informed him they were closed because you could tell he had no idea but stuff like this makes wma land worse overall. I did inform him pine log wasn’t currently open.

Assuming pine log is one of those.. me and the wife took our niece up there to fish some and there was a guy walking out in orange toting his rifle, I asked him if he saw anything (knowing pine log wasn’t open) and he said that he shot a spike but made a bad shot and couldn’t find it... I then informed him they were closed because you could tell he had no idea but stuff like this makes wma land worse overall. I did inform him pine log wasn’t currently open.
Yes Pine log and Allatoona are pretty poorly managed. Berry and Paulding Forest are managed pretty good. Where you fishing the lake on the east valley side?

Back
Top Bottom