• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting ammo getting hard to find

The shortage has a lot to do with the manufacturing process.

Each company only has so many reloading lines. All calibers are loaded on those lines, Each load has to book "time" on the line. Some lower demand calibers may only be loaded once a year, so when those are gone, you have to wait till next year.

I talked with a Federal plant supervisor about this long ago. There is a lot of set up involved in setting up a line to load a specific loads for commercial sales, it's not just a matter of swapping dies, and measuring out some loads. Everything has to be proofed and validated. On some lower demand loads, they can spend more time setting up than the production takes.

Plus there are shortages all up and down the supply chain.

I have used the same caliber hunting for nearly 4 decades. Switched up only a couple times years ago. I have bought extra here and there and probably have more than I have shot in all this time. For once I am prepared at least in this area

They will ramp up production of hunting rounds shortly. They will wait long enough for people to get worried to the point they will pay the higher prices they will charge. Some rounds certain manufacturers really only produce once a year anyways. 35 Remington (hornady produces theirs more often I think) and 280ai (yeah just this side of a wildcat and most people reload this but still) come to mind.

sucks, but this is the world we live in.
Left makes it hard to survive. 100 years ago, almost every house had a gun.
ammo was available everywhere.
There was NO vax.
The spanish flue came and went.
There was no radical left
no BLM
no Al S or J Jackson
No kam-hell-a

If canada wasn't so cold and mexico wasn't so corrupt..... ppl would move.

It'll get far worse my friends..................far worse.

Back
Top Bottom