• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How would you spend or invest in 2020?

Yep. Bull market ain't done yet. Yesterday was just a rough day with all the coronavirus news etc. Today it's all running back up.

Yup prices are near their 52 wk highs on most stocks, but if you check out XOM they seem to be at a 52 wk low with a 5.38% dividend. I just threw my collected dividend funds at some shares to mix it up all while able to collect a decent return while it sits.

Just found this interesting chart. I think it's fitting considering the current fears out there right now and how Wall St reacted to the news.

whi82sn1tid41.jpg

I know someone will come along and mention selling glocks here. Someone else will come along and say tacos. Ok that behind us
If you had cash and we're looking for something to buy or invest in to generate cash what would you do? I'm thinking do you buy precious metals, do you lawn equipment to start doing yards, do you buy a used car and try to flip it? Is there a side hustle you could start up?
Since 2020 is an election year being conservative is your best option. If TRUMP is re-elected then you can start putting your $$$ in higher earning products. If a Democrat is elected all of the different markets are going to take cover and see what the new President and Congress will do. It may take the 1st two quarters of the year to get a good feeling of their political direction. Good luck.

Check and see if you where you can cut your spending and get out of debt. Do you have a budget? What is your plan to pay off any debts including mortgage? I could be wrong but it seems like the economy is due for some kind of correction and you can take advantage of it if your debt is gone or low.

The only thing I would we is mortgage. My wife and I have decided to focus on paying off the house in 5-7 years instead of 25 more. Money was sitting in bank making 1% and I'm paying 4% on mortgage.

Buy **** loads of ammo :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only I had known what March would bring.
I wish I had bought a pallet of 9mm at $160/case.

I did open a robin hood account and bought some stocks back in March. I've done well. I have actual just sold a few of them off and am back to the drawing board. I will continue to buy and sell stock here and there and hold onto some cash looking for opportunities.

Currently a service writer in an independent auto repair shop. My tools of the trade are pretty much a pen. Over the past year I've found a cross and Parker pen and feel both were great choices.
I've been thinking the metal market precious or scrap neither are at a good time. TAVT tax has really hurt folks trying to buy and sell cars on the side. I know those were the intentions of the auto industry.
Guess at this point it's not gonna spoil or rot sitting liquid in the bank and wait for an opportunity
If you are talking about fiat USD in the bank, it is spoiling not only in the bank, but in your pocket as well due to inflation this very moment.

I bet that's a gold mine. Collect the payments then when they cant pay, foreclose and sell it again.
Here in Georgia, it can take up to 2 years for an eviction depending on who the mortgagor is and who the mortgage holder is. I can imagine what the house will look like after two years.

If you want to invest, or rather speculate in a real gold mine, do just that. Do your homework first.

Since 2020 is an election year being conservative is your best option. If TRUMP is re-elected then you can start putting your $$$ in higher earning products. If a Democrat is elected all of the different markets are going to take cover and see what the new President and Congress will do. It may take the 1st two quarters of the year to get a good feeling of their political direction. Good luck.
It is irrelevant who wins, because unless you are in the ruling class, all of us will be losers to varying degrees. The monetary collapse we are dealing with was in full effect and nearing the "avalanche" phase, when the Whuhan hysteria was unleashed, partly to cover for the fed-gov/fed-reserve that created it. It will continue unabated regardless of the trillions of fiat created to imitate the veneer of a recovering economy and a gubmint that actually gives a fig for the people within this organized crime district known as the USSA.

Back
Top Bottom