• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How would you handle this situation?

Ibornagain

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
11   1
Reaction score
During the summer I order by phone a load of gravel from a company that delivers. During the delivery the driver's dump bed hung and tore down phone company line. He stoped and said I am sorry have a bad morning and left. We called phone company and reported. I got a bill this weekend for 1200$. I called said gravel company and was told to file on my homeowner's insurance. I informed company that I don't feel that I am responsible for the driver's mishap. What are your thoughts?

Did you document That they were the ones that actually did the damage with pictures and emails to the company as soon as it happened?

Was it a tandem truck? Check your paperwork,prolly has a delivery damage waiver,alot do.

it's not valid.

Just like the notice on the back that they are not responsible for rocks coming off the road - which means anything that flies out of the truck.

If you notice. dump trucks are exempt from having to display a tag -

Back to the OP, I doubt your homeowners will cover it, even if you turn it in.

Unless you are willing to take them to small claims (magistrate ) court, you are SOL. You will never convince them to "do the right" thing.

If you know the trucking company, and it's legit, it should have an I.C.C. number on the vehicle. With enough digging you should be able to determine who is their insurance company. Unlike private automobiles, they are required to file that info, although again, the companies play fast and loose.

Now what I would do at this moment in time, is to call back, turn on the message machine, and tell them you are going to file it on your homeowners, but you need some information, like the driver's name, tag no., their I.C.C. and Ga. Public Service registration numbers, generally just chat them up to at least get them to admit they caused the damage.

it's not valid.

Just like the notice on the back that they are not responsible for rocks coming off the road - which means anything that flies out of the truck.

If you notice. dump trucks are exempt from having to display a tag -

Back to the OP, I doubt your homeowners will cover it, even if you turn it in.

Unless you are willing to take them to small claims (magistrate ) court, you are SOL. You will never convince them to "do the right" thing.

If you know the trucking company, and it's legit, it should have an I.C.C. number on the vehicle. With enough digging you should be able to determine who is their insurance company. Unlike private automobiles, they are required to file that info, although again, the companies play fast and loose.

Now what I would do at this moment in time, is to call back, turn on the message machine, and tell them you are going to file it on your homeowners, but you need some information, like the driver's name, tag no., their I.C.C. and Ga. Public Service registration numbers, generally just chat them up to at least get them to admit they caused the damage.
Sneaky ! :clap2:

I had a washing machine repaired. The repairman left an internal hose disconnected inside the washer. He finished the repair and departed. I started a load of laundry, and went outside to work in the yard. Meanwhile, the house flooded. The repair company would not return my calls. My insurance company advised me to let them (the insurance company) fix the water damage, and they would pursue recovering the cost of the repairs. It worked out great, the washer repair company paid the insurance company, and my rates did not change.

So, you might benefit from talking to your insurance company and seeing if they will go after the gravel company for you.

Back
Top Bottom