• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to take payment for a big sale?

I sold my king ranch powerstroke a couple of years ago. 32k cash. Met at his bank and he withdrew the funds. Drove down the street and deposited it in mine. He drove home in his new to him truck.

I got burned once a while ago I had a car for 3k guy gave me a CERTIFIED Check deposited it in my bank , 2 days later my bank called me and said he had stopped payment on the check , When I got back to him ( he lived in the neighboring state ) he said he felt he paid too much for it and said he would only pay now 2K , and since he had registered it in his state it was a mess. Never again Cash at a bank on anything over 1K

I flew out to Sacramento last summer with $26k in cash and bought a truck from an individual. He was concerned about counterfeit bills and all, but I told him that we could go to his bank and have them run it through (which we did). No sense in making it complicated. Like someone else mentioned, $14k isn't that much and will only take a few minutes to complete the transaction at the bank.

Back
Top Bottom