• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to Spot a Fake Benchmade Infidel

My recollection is that Benchmade sued Lonewolf for patent infringement on the auto spring or button design, and settled by buying Lonewolf out, then dumping all of their designs. Basically crushing the competition.

Lonewolf made some BA autos. A buddy has a D2 that is the best auto I've seen. hidden button, double action, etc.

I could be wrong about it all, so Benchmade, don't sue me!

My recollection is that Benchmade sued Lonewolf for patent infringement on the auto spring or button design, and settled by buying Lonewolf out, then dumping all of their designs. Basically crushing the competition.

Lonewolf made some BA autos. A buddy has a D2 that is the best auto I've seen. hidden button, double action, etc.
this too

what was the posters involvement exactly in all this? if he was selling benchmade rip offs then he is at fault i guess

also, do not understand the fighting between him and that other message board? wtf is going on haha

you mean a knock off product from china did not hold up to repeated use?

shocked, i am shocked i tell you

The injustice!

I have a real Benchmade Sentinel that Benchmade just sent me a replacement clip for that looks to be the same screw pattern, so I guess if I really wanted to keep using it I could get it up and going again. In truth the fake infidel sealed the deal for me that I will continue to carry my Lightning OTFs rather than dropping the coin on a real Infidel. My issue wasn't the quality of the fake, but rather the size and orientation of the infidel itself. A little too bulky and awkward for me.

The injustice!

I have a real Benchmade Sentinel that Benchmade just sent me a replacement clip for that looks to be the same screw pattern, so I guess if I really wanted to keep using it I could get it up and going again. In truth the fake infidel sealed the deal for me that I will continue to carry my Lightning OTFs rather than dropping the coin on a real Infidel. My issue wasn't the quality of the fake, but rather the size and orientation of the infidel itself. A little too bulky and awkward for me.
makes sense

better to buy a knock off and see if you like the style versus buying the real thing only to find you dont care for it

makes sense

better to buy a knock off and see if you like the style versus buying the real thing only to find you dont care for it

That there is the reason I spent 30 bucks on the fake. I would have been really pissed at myself if I shelled out the coin for a real Infidel only to find out I like my little Lightning OTFs for 25 bucks more.

Back
Top Bottom