• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How To Run a Pump Shotgun

I had hoped that at some point that you will come to the realization that your observations aren't nearly as much as an "Aha!" moment as you have been telling yourself. I've given up that hope as you seem to be incapable of acknowledging that your knowledge base isn't nearly as deep nor broad as you thought.

754B1A57-57F1-489E-A147-1A174CA1F4CA.jpeg

You, Wheeler, seem incapable of understanding (or accepting?) that the hand positioning shown by Chris Baker at the very first post in this thread does not match what anybody else does.
Not you, not me, not Lee Weems, not the shotgun instructor from Gunsite, not the shotgun training instructor from Mossberg, not CMshoots, not Jerry Miculek, not Taran Butler, not Mas Ayoob, not Chuck Taylor, not the lead instructor of the shotgun school that Chris attended, not Chris Baker's friend and competitive shooter whom he praised in one of his Lucky Gunner videos as really knowing how to run a shotgun, not another one of the Lucky Gunner's social media firearms instructors,

...not even Chris Baker himself when he's giving other video demonstrations of running a shotgun.

But you just keep telling yourself that you're supposed to be blind to this,
and simply accept what you're told because it comes from a person with more experience or formal instruction than you (or I).

I won't. I think, and I think critically.
You're welcome to "follow the crowd" if you want to,

but understand that in this case there is no crowd to follow.
You (in the OP's video) are being told to do something that nobody does, nobody ever has done, and probably nobody ever will do when running a combat / tactical shotgun.

Since you seem to keep forgetting my point,
here's a reminder: take a look at this picture of Chris Baker again and ask yourself do people really hold combat shotguns this way??

View attachment 2574216

You, Wheeler, seem incapable of understanding (or accepting?) that the hand positioning shown by Chris Baker at the very first post in this thread does not match what anybody else does.
Not you, not me, not Lee Weems, not the shotgun instructor from Gunsite, not the shotgun training instructor from Mossberg, not CMshoots, not Jerry Miculek, not Taran Butler, not Mas Ayoob, not Chuck Taylor, not the lead instructor of the shotgun school that Chris attended, not Chris Baker's friend and competitive shooter whom he praised in one of his Lucky Gunner videos as really knowing how to run a shotgun, not another one of the Lucky Gunner's social media firearms instructors,

...not even Chris Baker himself when he's giving other video demonstrations of running a shotgun.

and simply accept what you're told because it comes from a person with more experience or formal instruction than you (or I).

You (in the OP's video) are being told to do something that nobody does, nobody ever has done, and probably nobody ever will do when running a combat / tactical shotgun.

here's a reminder: take a look at this picture of Chris Baker again and ask yourself do people really hold combat shotguns this way??

I just told you that I do what Baker does in the pic you posted. It’s not as aggressive in the video you picked apart, but it is much more noticeable when I run a heavier recoiling gun. I stated this very clearly, so do not use my name to attempt to prove a point of yours that I do not agree with.

I’ve you’d like, I’ll post a pic AND video of me shooting with my thumb alongside the gun, exactly like in the Baker pic. Will that prove anything to you? Nope.

I have a friend that was an FN-sponsored 3-gun shooter, who shoots like the Baker pic. He’s one of the most knowledgeable and best combat shotgunners I’ve ever met, and I’ve met Louis Awerbuck. He was the first person I’ve ever seen do it.

The fact that you can’t find a pic or video of someone shooting that way only proves a single point; that you can’t find a pic or video of someone shooting that way.

Most of all, who cares? You don’t like it, don’t use it. Like every single technique I can think of for every weapon, it has it’s pros and cons. You and I would likely find the same pros and cons for any technique, the difference usually comes when you rank them as to how important they are to YOU. That’s why some knowledgeable, capable shooters use the slide release when reloading, and some use the “gross motor skills method”. Both are valid, we just weight the pros and cons differently.

View attachment 2574216

You sir, seem to be incapable of understanding that your epiphany isn't really all that important and that you are wrong. People do do this, just because you've never seen it done in your admittedly limited experience and training doesn't make your tenuous position valid in the slightest.

Let. It. Go. You're not the smartest person in this conversation. That individual stepped out after showing your very limited training resume. The other one provide proof that you then tried to disparage.

Step away, heal your ego, and perhaps learn something from people that really do know what they are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom