• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to Bury Guns n Ammo!

It's not just a fear of gubment thing we're talking about here. There are plenty of reasons to bury or otherwise long term stash extra guns and ammo. What if you get burglarized or your house burns down? What if you have ****bag relatives that would steal you blind? Or maybe you have property away from home with no existing safe storage options. What if a crazy ex wife/girlfriend spins a long tale of lies and gets you disarmed/ red flagged by the law? Or maybe y'all can remember Katrina back in 05. City,county and state law enforcement seized guns from legal owners buy the Uhaul loads and never gave them back. So just to ME there's plenty of valid reasons to have an extra stash gun or two strategically placed.

That’s all reasonable and a good explanation. Thanks.

I don’t keep my canned beans buried where I have to dig them up when I’m hungry either. I just grab them from my pantry and cook them. If someone wants my beans bad enough, they’ll come and get them but they’ll be boiling on the stovetop not 55° underground.
But no one is going to come looking for your beans either. If they were, I'd wager you'd have some buried.

A friend of a friend said they were able to find guns, ammo, and other items pretty easy over in the sandbox.

I can’t confirm because I wasn’t there but he made it sound like it wasn’t all that hard and they recovered a lot of stuff that you would have never thought to find buried...

I was there, and can confirm. There were many reasons why their caches were easy to find, chief among them being they didn’t hide them well. Also the neighborhood gossips all knew where the stuff was hidden, and you’d be amazed at what haji will give up for an MRE, or a can of Pepsi. Hell, we had family members giving each other up for stupid crap they’d done or taken. We had a local tell us where a whole crap-ton of chemical weapons were hidden, and they’d been right down the road from us for six months! And no, it never made the news. That would have been someone positive about our mission in Iraq, and we couldn’t be having that on the national news. Okay, rant complete. That is all.

Eric

One of the main reasons I don't buy Charmin or Angel Soft. That stuff was made to clog pipes and make plumbers money. And wives/kids dont think nothing about trying to flush softball size wads of it. Its almost as bad as that blatant lie known as Flushable Wipes. No wipes are flushable. Well maybe the first few...

We plumbers love flushable wipes. It's not really the flushable wipe, rather it exacerbates an unknown problem.

My wife and friends are asking best way to bury:

Guns
Ammo
Rifle Magazines

There is no such thing as a Dumb way of hiding your stuff, if it worked for you or friends it's a Winner. Thanks

You never want to bury all your "stuff" in one place. Make a couple of caches. But -- if you have enough to bury -- you have way too much "stuff"....

Back
Top Bottom