• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How should I handle as a semi new trader?

So I have to replace the barrell (which is actually a barrell lining). According the gunsmith the gun was squibbed at some point. The seller did tell me had put about 50 rounds through the gun and it was a "safe queen." A field stripping on the tailgate of the HD parking lot would not have revealed this. I can only speak for myself when I say that I would never sell a gun without putting a few rounds through. I couldn't do it in good conscience.

Lesson learned. Thanks for all the replies.

The 100% positive feedback is a sacred thing around here. We don't play. If I ever make a deal with you and something goes wrong and before you have it messed with, I stand behind it. 100%.

I get it. I went back and checked the listing. He said he fired it once. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he has all positive feedback in the 70s I think. Thanks!

Had it been me, I would gladly have refunded your money, but not after 90 days or your taking it apart. 10 days is a reasonably sufficient time to shoot the gun.

The thing about used guns, they rarely, if ever, have any warranty coverage, even if the gun has a "lifetime" warranty. You are totally on your own if something breaks. Figure that into your price you offer.

I bought a Ruger LC9 on here, first magazine at the range, about round 4, the gun locked up, guide rod stayed extended out of position, keeper for the guide rod fell out. I sent it back to Ruger, they fixed it, sent it back. I did contact the seller, he was surprised, and I believe that he had no knowledge of any issues with the gun prior to the sale. Gun now functions flawlessly, cost me about $14 to ship it back via UPS.

Back
Top Bottom