How old is your cell phone?

How old is your cell phone?

• Total voters

jbbear6002

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
202   0
Reaction score
So, I just had to buy another new phone for my wife because hers was giving her probelms. She kept this last one (iphone8+) for a record time of just over 2 years. It was starting to act up and she wanted a new one.

When looking for new ones, I found that the average lifespan was around 5 years for an iphone and 4 for an android. I find this hard to believe because most folks I see have pretty new phones.

What kind of lifespan are you getting out of your phones?

I'm still using a galaxy s5 that I bounded from a coworker in 2016, but it is starting to show its age.
The top of the screen is starting to come loose from the backing, looks like when a screen protector starts to come loose. It's not down to the actual screen part yet so I'm sticking with it for now.

I had a Google Pixel 2 that i just replaced after 2 years, charging port went bad. Decided to try the Samsung Galaxy S20 this time.

Mine's chugging along since the 80's

upload_2020-10-27_11-40-50.png

Let me start by saying, despite their incredible usefulness, I hate cell phones.

Can generally get by with one for 2 to 3 years. The only reason I will upgrade is because I broke the screen, or I change service providers, or there's a critical feature my current phone doesn't have (Wifi calling was the last example).

Usually get entry level Android phones. Have zero interest in a premium, $500 phone or a phone with a payment plan.

Most recent purchase was a Moto e5 Cruise, bought used/like new on eBay for $35. Works great for a piece of **** entry level phone. No reason to change.

Back
Top Bottom