How often do you sharpen your EDC knife?

EMC45

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
I learned with my Spyderco Endura 50/50 to keep it sharp always. I have a diamond block and a partial Arkansas stone (broken off end) at work on my desk. I also have a diamond block and Ark stone in my room where I keep all my pocket junk (wallet, keys, knife etc.).

When I worked at Robins I used my Spydero daily to open boxes and cut tape and scrape labels etc. One day I got off work and decided to do some afternoon deer hunting in Elko in plain old street clothes that I wore to work and the 45-70 - not thinking I'd see anything. I shot a 10 point and had to open and gut it with the dull Spyderco with gummed-up dull blade....
Now it gets slicked up always.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
99   0
Reaction score
I sharpen mine every few days. I just want it to be sharp when I need it.

I cant seem to get an edge with a stone. I wish I could. I do have Worksharp and a hand held Smith that seem to do pretty good. I have not even taken the workshop out of the box since we moved in March. I leave the Smith in my closet or drawer and use it when I need it. I am sure a nicer knife may hold a better edge. I have a Gerber that does pretty good.

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
91   0
Reaction score
I've been carrying a USA Kershaw Scallion for over 3 years. I use it a lot, everyday. From cutting up cardboard boxes to scoring #4 wire, to everything in between. I might touch it up once a week, but I don't have to. It's a great edc knife. Pretty small, but it does it all.
I've got the same knife.

use it very casually.

i have a stone on the bench in the garage, and I hit it maybe once every 2-3 months.

Top Bottom