• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How often do you sharpen your EDC knife?

My EDC from 40 years ago came from the Snap-on truck. I retired it when it finally looked like a filet knife from all the sharpening.

Still have it, though.

I don't use me knife anywhere near as much as I used to. Maybe once a week. But I'll hit the blade on the rods atleast once a month. If I get bored I'll see just how sharp it'll get. It seems almost strange to me that now I carry two nice knives and hardly ever get to use them.

I've been abusing a spiderco endura every day at work for about 15 years and haven't ever sharpened it. I mostly use it for deburring pipe or marking 2x4s. I moved up to Dahlonega last January and there is this cool daddy knife shop just south of Dawsonville I stopped at recently and dude offered to sharpen it while I looked around the shop. Sumbitch was like new again when he handed it back. He even cleaned all the crusted **** out of the handle.

Once a month if I'm using it every single day. The truth is that I don't know how to sharpen it, so I'm taking it to someone who does this for a living. It's always better to take it to a professional like silveredgesharpening.com in order to avoid damaging the blade. After all, that is the life of the knife. With a dull blade, you can't cut anything and then you're wondering why your knife isn't working. Some drops of oil also work from time to time in order to assure some lubrification and you're good to go. Your knife will be passed to future generations

I have never sharpened my Piranha. I hit it a few strokes on ceramic crock stick stick about once a week and it is right back to razor sharp.

Back
Top Bottom