• No

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Yes - $200 for a gun

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes - $100 for a gun

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yes - $50 for a gun

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes - But not for a gun and I'd expect to be charged for it based on area treated (and severity).

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Me and my brother have a hobby of collecting antique cast iron cookware, we made a electrolysis tank out of a plastic drum and a battery charger, filled with water and borax soap, and a piece of sacrificial metal, it would clean rust, paint, anything off the metal, we bought a skillet that was buried in the ground, after a day in the tank it looked brand new. we clean over 100 pieces that way. cheap!

Just for a specific example. Let's say you had a firearm that had rust issues. Or perhaps a bad (or one you just got tired of). coating or paint job. Could be old/antique or new, whatever.
Would you pay to have it removed without any abrasion, or chemicals (that is to say laser removal) and if so how much?
Anything else you can think of you'd consider paying to have that done to? Classic car/bike parts?
If you would pay to have a gun restored, would the price depend on the value of the gun? Or would you expect to pay the same thing for a $200 gun as you would a $2,000 gun?

Just want to point out, that I do have a price difference between working on a $200 p53 Enfield vs a $20,000 Cook Brothers....

Personally I would never use a laser on any of the antiques I work on. I simply am not comfortable with the technology.

Do a mirror Polish on it so that it looks just as shiny as nickel, with those grips on it! Yes sir! That would be better than Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette dressing
Mmmmmmmm, yeah....but case color and old rust blue is always classic
We need to meet at the Chop House again!! Now ya got me hungry!

Back
Top Bottom