• No

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Yes - $200 for a gun

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes - $100 for a gun

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yes - $50 for a gun

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes - But not for a gun and I'd expect to be charged for it based on area treated (and severity).

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
So you'd expect to pay more for a $2,000 revolver than a $200 revolver? Even if you brought the $200 dollar gun in first and came back weeks later with the $2,000 gun and I said, "Well, this one is going to cost you 10 times more, even though I'm going to do exactly the same thing.".

Not arguing with you, or disagreeing, just trying to determine how most would view it.

That's pretty standard in any service industry. The more complicated or expensive the thing you're fixing, the more expensive the labor is. Part of it goes to cover higher liability insurance for the more expensive thing if you break or destory it.

What's the point? If you don't coat it with something it's just gonna rust again. And if you are coating it it will still need to be sandblast for any type of coating to prep the surface, or it will need to be polished to be reblued.

It's neat, I definitely want one, but it's not replacing a sandblaster or lots of elbow grease on the wire and polishing wheels for as far as refinishing goes.

So you'd expect to pay more for a $2,000 revolver than a $200 revolver? Even if you brought the $200 dollar gun in first and came back weeks later with the $2,000 gun and I said, "Well, this one is going to cost you 10 times more, even though I'm going to do exactly the same thing.".

Not arguing with you, or disagreeing, just trying to determine how most would view it.
If a rusty patina gun is worth $2000 that laser is gonna do nothing but hurt the value.

What's the point? If you don't coat it with something it's just gonna rust again. And if you are coating it it will still need to be sandblast for any type of coating to prep the surface, or it will need to be polished to be reblued.

It's neat, I definitely want one, but it's not replacing a sandblaster or lots of elbow grease on the wire and polishing wheels for as far as refinishing goes.
It's slick for non-ferrous metals as well.

Of course yo have to coat it with something (assuming it's metal. This also works on non metals). This is just about doing a better job removing the issue (whether it be rust, grease, paint, grime, whatever) more thoroughly, uniformly, and obviously quicker, and without any abrasion or chemicals.

Back
Top Bottom