• No

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Yes - $200 for a gun

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes - $100 for a gun

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yes - $50 for a gun

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes - But not for a gun and I'd expect to be charged for it based on area treated (and severity).

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
The question was what is it (the service) worth to the consumer. That is dependent not on what it takes to make the process happen, but the level of worth the owner of the object places on restoring the object. I'd absolutely charge more to work on a first gen Colt SAA than a Hi-Point. There's more risk for you, and more reward for the customer. Assuming you'd want to **** up a first gen SAA ;)
I get it, but not everybody thinks that way (unfortunately). I suspect some want a price that simply states "Light rust cleaning of a revolver $xxx", "Heavy cleaning of a revolver $yyy". But I could be wrong, hence the question. And if you are bringing me that 1st gen SAA, it's already in rough shape. I ain't skerred. ;)

Think of the equation more like "how much time/labor am I saving the client?"

How much would the same job cost if it was done in a conventional manner?
I agree and I can justify it all kinds of ways. But what is the average Joe going to justify? :noidea:
Plus commercial/industrial and Average Joe are obviously 2 different markets (I assume).

What do you do about the pits? Never seen a heavily rusted anything that doesn't have pitting.
You mean repairing the pits? Yeah, nothing can be done with that. That metal is gone. But getting rust out of the pits is no different than a flat surface. It really shines on non flat surfaces (threaded rods, for example).

So you'd expect to pay more for a $2,000 revolver than a $200 revolver? Even if you brought the $200 dollar gun in first and came back weeks later with the $2,000 gun and I said, "Well, this one is going to cost you 10 times more, even though I'm going to do exactly the same thing.".

Not arguing with you, or disagreeing, just trying to determine how most would view it.
Depends on whether the rust removal will devalue the gun or increase the value.

Back
Top Bottom