• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much money are you willing to tie up in prep supplies that you may never use?

How much money are you willing to tie up in prep supplies that you may never use?

• Less than $500

• $500 - $1000

• $1000 - $5000

• $5000 - $10,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Down here it's 10 miles or more to a grocery store. So we don't buy what we don't eat. Buy bulk dry food and repack it. Being really rural the land will give us meat & fish. Not counting much on vegetables, it takes a long time for gardens to produce and there might not be a way to water in a dry spell. Plus raiders would pick your garden clean. Just act hungry & broke as everyone else & don't let them smell your bbq possum.

I don’t think I could really put a price on this. Hell I buy stuff that I use all the time now, with an eye towards SHTF. Ex:Need a truck? Will it work in SHTF?
Kind of this. I don't necessarily buy things for SHTF specifically, but I like having stuff I can use now that also will double in any scenario like that

My next purchase is going to be land, I've been looking and I'm sure the price will be over the 10,000 mark. I intend to use it for hunting so it won't be land for nothing. Would also be nice to to build a get away on. If it never becomes a so called bug out location then it will be called an investment property that I can sell after retirement if extra funds are needed. It's nice to have duel purpose prep's. I keep a get home bag in my truck that has been gotten into many times over the years for medical equipment when I'm hunting or camping. Rubber gloves that have been used for field dressing. The hammock and water purifiers I've used when camping. It's good to have multiple use preps.

They key is to use what you prep. Grow a garden, can your vegetables, eat the rest, rotate and eat the canned stuff. If you spend money on a solar system, go ahead and hook it up to stuff you use every day. If you store away dried foods, rotate through them. It takes a lot of the financial sting out of it when you actually use your stuff. Such as a bug out vehicle...mine doubles as a daily driver and a camping rig. Just so happens to be capable and reliable enough I can trust it as a BOV

Not sure if I can answer the question. I’m a believer in “Dual Use”. Firearms- I can and do use them for hunting. Gives me a little idea of their limitations and capabilities. Ammo- Rotated during training and no need to replenish at high cost during times of limited supply. Did not have to stop range time. Food/water/etc- Store what you eat. Even dehydrated stuff can be used for travel, hunting, and camping. Rotated as used and no need to panic when supply problems limit their availability (never worried about TP). Medical Supplies- extra medicines, but we have few prescribed meds. My wife learned her lesson about keeping and additional 30 DOS of blood pressure meds. We rotate supply and replenish As used. We keep first aid and trauma bags for use. Extras in case there’s a problem, but we also rotate this. Shelter- good for car emergency kit, camping and hunting. Power- rechargeable power supplies can be used for travel, hunting and hurricane season. Rechargeable batteries and light sources are great for camping and hurricane season. Fire- Rotate supplies of different fuel supplies. Use for camping and travel. Comms- receivers with multi-power sources for hurricane season. Short range comms vehicle mounted and hand held for travel. I’m sure I missed something, but you get the idea.

My next purchase is going to be land, I've been looking and I'm sure the price will be over the 10,000 mark. I intend to use it for hunting so it won't be land for nothing. Would also be nice to to build a get away on. If it never becomes a so called bug out location then it will be called an investment property that I can sell after retirement if extra funds are needed. It's nice to have duel purpose prep's. I keep a get home bag in my truck that has been gotten into many times over the years for medical equipment when I'm hunting or camping. Rubber gloves that have been used for field dressing. The hammock and water purifiers I've used when camping. It's good to have multiple use preps.

hikingthehills hikingthehills where are you shopping for land? The website, not the area. I would love a few acres that can be used the way you're talking about, with eventually a little off-grid cabin or something on there, plus a BOL. Saving up money for the payments now.

hikingthehills hikingthehills where are you shopping for land? The website, not the area. I would love a few acres that can be used the way you're talking about, with eventually a little off-grid cabin or something on there, plus a BOL. Saving up money for the payments now.
I've been working on getting a few friends and family to all get together on the purchase. Hoping to see a good dip in the prices to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom