• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much money are you willing to tie up in prep supplies that you may never use?

How much money are you willing to tie up in prep supplies that you may never use?

• Less than $500

• $500 - $1000

• $1000 - $5000

• $5000 - $10,000

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score

It is all more or less an insurance policy. It is like life insurance or long term care insurance - you might get it but you hope you don't need it. But, how much are you willing to pay for it? I know a lot of people will reason away that they will be using their prep supplies. Example: Say a person that spends $2,500 on a small solar generator and solar panels for a grid down event probably purchased something that will not be needed very often if at all, and if he was thinking of short term outages, there are much cheaper better options.

But what if feds start to busting doors kidnapping sending us to FEMA camps, and raiding our resources cause communistic martial law? If **** hits the fan you know the government will have all it's grubby hands all on it with it's sheep willingly bending over.

I say if SHTF we form a confederacy

But what if feds start to busting doors kidnapping sending us to FEMA camps, and raiding our resources cause communistic martial law? If **** hits the fan you know the government will have all it's grubby hands all on it with it's sheep willingly bending over.

I say if SHTF we form a confederacy
You're missing his point...

Depends on what “never use” means.
when the tp shortage hit at the beginning of covid panic, we had over 100 rolls on hand.
i have a 3500watt generator I’ve had for over 10 years, and according to my records it’s only got about 60 hours run time under actual power outage conditions.
in the process of preparing to move back to the coast, I let all my supplies (food, water, gasoline) run down rather than move them. Now having to slowly re-stock, hopefully before hurricane season really cranks up.
Ideally will hopefully go to an automatic full house natural gas generator with maybe a 250-500 gallon propane backup.
Sorry, got carried away… to answer your posted question, you need a $10,000+ choice.
My theory has always been if you prepare carefully for an event, it will never happen.

You're missing his point...
Well my point was unless your rich/skilled, and willing to live a very lonely ass life in the middle of nowhere where no one can find you, or willing to submit to the gov. We would need to form a new type of civilization also.

Imma go back to dealing with my current IRL problems now... ;)

I don't have a dollar amount...for me, its mainly "how much am/can I sped this time" food stuffs....I'm trying for a one year supply....been buying since 2016....don't want to get it all at once...little by little.....HOWEVER this past year, everything went COVID crazy, so, I did not get much...it either wasn't there, or, they are now getting prices that are unreasonable....this is a great read!!! It has a lot of good advice....they also have a store off Mountain Industrial

Attachments

• DSC09927.JPG
    DSC09927.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 27
Well my point was unless your rich/skilled, and willing to live a very lonely ass life in the middle of nowhere where no one can find you, or willing to submit to the gov. We would need to form a new type of civilization also.

Imma go back to dealing with my current IRL problems now... ;)
Being prepared for different scenarios of scarcity is about as real world as someone can be.

Back
Top Bottom