• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many of you neck beards are responsible for this?

I scored 200 of them this weekend for my Wife’s office.
I was also able to score face shields which are awesome when kids are coughing right in their face and the a hole parents won’t correct the kids when they do it.
I also made some face shields with thick mil vinyl, headbands and plastic two piece snap buttons.
Doctors offices are in dire need of simple face protection right now so you gotta get creative to find this stuff.
I was able to score most of the face shields from either wal mart and auto parts stores.
I got most of the N95 masks from body and auto shops that donated a few for the cause.

My wife, who's in the medical field working at these local hospitals daily seeing patients, doesn't have access to masks because of the shortage. It's absolutely ridiculous right now. They will only give you protective gear if you are seeing a positive test patient. If the patient she's seeing hasn't yet tested positive, no mask. This is at two major hospitals in Macon. The hospital in Albany went through 6 months worth in about a week because they have over 100 possible positives. They're sending a lot of those patients to Macon.

I scored 200 of them this weekend for my Wife’s office.
I was also able to score face shields which are awesome when kids are coughing right in their face and the a hole parents won’t correct the kids when they do it.
I also made some face shields with thick mil vinyl, headbands and plastic two piece snap buttons.
Doctors offices are in dire need of simple face protection right now so you gotta get creative to find this stuff.
I was able to score most of the face shields from either wal mart and auto parts stores.
I got most of the N95 masks from body and auto shops that donated a few for the cause.

I have a friend that is an industrial fabricator. He is interested in making face shields for the hospitals but we can't seem to find a contact person or even standards of manufacture for him to work from. I read about the N95 mask being made at home and the big hospitals are saying they aren't interested since they aren't type approved. I believe there is legislation that says that hospitals or medical care providers and manufacturers are not held to legal requirments on getting the mask made and used so they can't be sued if something isn't up to standards.

Anyway, if hospitals would come out and say what they want or what they will take then it might help them.

mcdougmd said:
Most masks don’t stop sanding dust
much less something as small as a virus.
Just use coffee filters, they're still in stock. Double thick of course.

Edog537 said:
People are fools.
"You can people some of the fools all of the time,
You can people all the fools some of the time,
But it's easier to manipulate the fools into
thinking they're still people any old time."
-Grover Cleveland 1893

Back
Top Bottom