• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

How do you feel about the market ? I think it’s only going to go up. Ammo as well. I think some folks will be liquidating for cash big time in the next 4 years .( older collectors)

How do you feel about the market ? I think it’s only going to go up. Ammo as well. I think some folks will be liquidating for cash big time in the next 4 years .( older collectors)

totally agree. I think if they pass some sort of weapons ban, many milsurps wont be included so the prices will become even higher

Many MILSURPS are cool but not Elvis cool.

I'm sure this one is in my safe.

126051514_10208590147427198_5067331256275142974_n.jpg

What's a good price for a Turkish or Spanish Mauser these days?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just picked up an 1893 Spanish for $245 on GB, which I think was very fair. It's not pristine, but very serviceable. I pick it up Monday and will post pics when I get it cleaned up. I needed one to go with the Krag I'm planning on getting from CMP. I figure that you can't really tell the story of the Krag without having a 93 Spanish and an 03 Springfield along with it.

Seems like $500 would be the most I'm willing to spend on either of them these days - and at that top end, it better be really nice. I need an appropriate Turkish or Ottoman Mauser for my WW1 collection as I have nothing from the Central Powers. I figure the Turk guns would be a cheaper addition because a Gewehr 98 just isn't in the cards.

Glad I got mine in the $350 days.

And I'm glad I finally jumped on getting mine when they were barely $600. Both RC's - one an early example and the other a Kriegsmodell. To think that even RC's are approaching the $1000 limit or more in some cases is just crazy.

The German Mauser interest is what's crazy and has kept me from getting an original for my WW1 collection.

Ammo is my #1 concern going forward . Not so much rifles anymore . I peek my head up from working and look at what’s happening with ammo and am blown away. The days of cheap stuff are gone .

Back
Top Bottom