• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

If I knew then , what I know now :doh: . I shaved the bayonet lug off and..... well I better stop there. Just young & dumb stuff.

Well....don't go doing any more dumb stuff to it :-)

Sounds like it's in need of a proper piece of wood instead of plastic. Bring it back as far as ya can, don't make it worse.

Hey guys, I need some yugo M75 ammo....8mm. Be glad to buy it or trade you for it

thx,
AC

6D662731-7DC9-4634-A57E-4A923DAB0950.jpeg

Any body try one of the M1 RACKSPECIAL GRADES? New Stock, new barrel, rack grade receiver. I got one today and best fit into stock ever had. It is a 593 number that puts it about 1957. Receiver has no pitting above wood, only a little on the undeside of the rear of the receiver. Tried to photograph it but flash too bright. Little surface rust on underside on foot plate of trigger group and inside door on stock butt plate although it looks almost new. A little rough spot on left side of trigger group that a little light sanding should remove. Receiver being re-parked with exception of very small pitting as noted looks new. To me, this thing looks like a bargain. Comments?
P1020633.JPG

Attachments

• P1020630.JPG
    P1020630.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 7
  • P1020631.JPG
    P1020631.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 7
  • P1020640.JPG
    P1020640.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 8
That's awesome, mosins are my first milsurp love. Everyone should have some of them

There are some used stocks listed on gunbroker....liberty tree collectors has them too but their prices are high

But that would mean I'd have to add another caliber....:behindsofa:

Are they really good shooters? They look big and heavy. Don't block me bro!

IDK much, but I would carry a bullet with me , at the least , to gauge the barrel. Take a good look at the rifling , and the action should be like butter. my2cents . I'd send you that bullet but honestly, we shot up every round of a 1k rd can in a few days. Yes , I didn't know what I had until a couple years after I messed it up. BUT she'll be back and I hope to see the cheap prices on ammo again one day (February maybe) . P.S. I got the carbine (shortest one r44) and it's not that bad heavy.

Any body try one of the M1 RACKSPECIAL GRADES? New Stock, new barrel, rack grade receiver. I got one today and best fit into stock ever had. It is a 593 number that puts it about 1957. Receiver has no pitting above wood, only a little on the undeside of the rear of the receiver. Tried to photograph it but flash too bright. Little surface rust on underside on foot plate of trigger group and inside door on stock butt plate although it looks almost new. A little rough spot on left side of trigger group that a little light sanding should remove. Receiver being re-parked with exception of very small pitting as noted looks new. To me, this thing looks like a bargain. Comments?View attachment 2848959

that is very nice . Heck of a value.

They’re not bad shooters once you adjust your front sight for 100 yds. Like most milsurp they weren’t built for punching holes in paper...,their job was to hit a man or a horse in the chest at long distances. The carbine is a little heavier than an sks for sure but that helps to manage recoil. Maybe you can get with a friend and shoot theirs before deciding?

They’re not bad shooters once you adjust your front sight for 100 yds. Like most milsurp they weren’t built for punching holes in paper...,their job was to hit a man or a horse in the chest at long distances. The carbine is a little heavier than an sks for sure but that helps to manage recoil. Maybe you can get with a friend and shoot theirs before deciding?

I have looked at them before, along with many other MilSurps, but never got very serious. Same with Krags, 1903s, SMLEs, FN49 and French 49/56s. :rolleyes: Perhaps we can work that out one week. I have been going to HC on Thursdays since they are open until 8pm.

BTW, did you see the SKS that sold recently? Looked just like one of the group from Classic, with the same bubble wrap and cosmo. Listed at $450 and is now GONE. Lol....we're already way ahead with the way prices are going.

Trade thoughts.
I have a Rare Pre- Pearl Harbor 5 digit! WWII Springfield Armory M1 Garand: November 1940 with 3-45 barrel, serial # 80xxx.

Excellent condition
Barrel Condition: Muzzle Erosion 1 and Throat Erosion 2 virtually new barrel, great shooter
Clean bore and strong rifling.
Detailed parts information:
Stock: USGI
Barrel: 3-45 SA
Trigger Housing: 12 SA
Bolt: 19 SA
Op Rod: 9 SA

I could sell it on Gunbroker for $1,200ish but was thinking of putting it up for trade.

What would you suggest?

M1 carbine? (I have an Inland, IBM, Rockola, Saginaw SG, Standard Products and Underwood) Maybe a Quality Hardware?
Tavor SAR or X95
FAL?
PSL?
Sniper variants?
SVT 40?
P-08 Luger?

May post later this week or keep in the safe.

Back
Top Bottom