• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Never even heard of these , thought it was a PSL :behindsofa::peep: :smash:

it’s ok lots of folks aren’t familiar with them. They are still in use over there and you can’t import them so they haven’t been widely known as a milsurps in the US. They are being replaced by the M91 and I love that ‘54r cartridge but I’m not impressed with the M91. I like the 23” Vepr much better

it’s ok lots of folks aren’t familiar with them. They are still in use over there and you can’t import them so they haven’t been widely known as a milsurps in the US. They are being replaced by the M91 and I love that ‘54r cartridge but I’m not impressed with the M81. I like the 23” Vepr much better
I just identified my Mosin Nagant yesterday , it's an M44 carbine (40" overall) according to all the info I could find online (cool stuff) . I'm leaning toward putting it in a synthetic stock and all that, since I bubba'd the wood up years ago. It was more accurate than my deer rifle before I butchered it. I saw the wood stock on here , haven't made my mind up. My first and only MilSurp (Christmas present from one of the first batches sent over). I like the length and the round a Lot. EDIT: I have learned that Vepr is the way to go and I like the looks better.

I just identified my Mosin Nagant yesterday , it's an M44 carbine (40" overall) according to all the info I could find online (cool stuff) . I'm leaning toward putting it in a synthetic stock and all that, since I bubba'd the wood up years ago. It was more accurate than my deer rifle before I butchered it. I saw the wood stock on here , haven't made my mind up. My first and only MilSurp (Christmas present from one of the first batches sent over). I like the length and the round a Lot. EDIT: I have learned that Vepr is the way to go and I like the looks better.

That's awesome, mosins are my first milsurp love. Everyone should have some of them

There are some used stocks listed on gunbroker....liberty tree collectors has them too but their prices are high

That's awesome, mosins are my first milsurp love. Everyone should have some of them

There are some used stocks listed on gunbroker....liberty tree collectors has them too but their prices are high
The accuracy with open sights really shocked me and my friend (an older Vet that came by) at 100yds. I know he's a short fella but wanted to go much further I think .

If I knew then , what I know now :doh: . I shaved the bayonet lug off and..... well I better stop there. Just young & dumb stuff.

4F88BD7E-44C0-448B-979D-AE14490D06A3.jpeg

Lesson learned.... I guarantee that. The cost of the gun means nothing, and if it shoots straight and holds up, Leave It alone.
I'm thinking my StepDad payed $25 a piece for'em when he worked the gun shows. I wish I'd got a couple crates lol. I think I've told this story a dozen times? Best deal I ever had a chance at. Thankful he thought of me and my brother.

Back
Top Bottom