• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How hard is replacing a dishwasher?

Hey Folks,

How difficult is it to replace a dishwasher? Dishwasher lights up but won't run. Thought it was the interlock door switch, I replaced it, it was not. New control board is like 130 and if that doesn't fix it then I'm in replacements for 180 and still staring down the barrel of buying a new unit. It's old, and could stand to be replaced anyway. How hard is it? I have some mechanical knowledge and have fooled with basic piping under the sink and near the ac before. What would it cost to have somebody come out and install a new one.

Thanks!
Caleb
As some have indicated, pretty easy. Where you can run into trouble is if either the floor has been built up (i.e. tiled) or if there's a countertop overhang that prevents the dishwasher from being easily slid out/in. Then it gets dicey.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I think some of the big box store install them for "free" with purchase but I would never trust them to do it. It will be the surprises behind the dishwasher that will bite you. You may have to adapt from hardwired to plug-in or the shutoff may not work completely or have easy access. One unit I had a separate drain line instead of running to the disposal and required an extender. Just extra trips to the hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom