• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you feel about it?

Someone from the club went to my stand this morning and killed an 11 point I had on my trail camera, didn’t even ask or tell me anything about it :frown: got me kinda sad about it at the moment that’s why I created this post just wanted to see what ya think about it

Someone from the club went to my stand this morning and killed an 11 point I had on my trail camera, didn’t even ask or tell me anything about it :frown: got me kinda sad about it at the moment that’s why I created this post just wanted to see what ya think about it
guys an asshole pure and simple.

This would’ve been my biggest buck too in my whole 16 years off huning too lol :blue:

Attachments

• 269878CA-9FE5-4CAE-8FA2-FF2B36089320.jpeg
    269878CA-9FE5-4CAE-8FA2-FF2B36089320.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 51
I was about to respond that it depends on the stand. If it's just a meat stand, I don't really care, but if I'm hunting a specific buck people need to not only stay off the stand, they need to stay away from it, too.

Of course, you can't depend on folks to respect that, so I never use a permanent stand when after a big buck. I don't tell anyone where I'm hunting and only use climbers that I will leave stashed nearby.

Our club has 10 members and 10 spots. Each member gets their own spot and are responsible for their stand site(s), planting of plots, feeder placement and filling, etc. I have two large shooting houses that I built and keep maintained, as well as my cameras feeders and plots planted. Our club president (who is a longtime buddy of mine) plows all plots and bushogs all roads, trails, and plots in lieu of paying annual dues. That said, I keep my houses locked any time I'm not there simply because 6 out of 10 of the members never do anything to their spots and never show until deer season. I would let a couple members hunt my spot if they asked but that's it. I like it that way, much less drama between grown men and don't have to worry about things like the OP is dealing with happening.

Back
Top Bottom