• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do yall deal with this every day?

i feel your pain on that traffice lol. i took way to big of a paycut to move jobs and stop commuting from hoschton to woodstock. 85, 285, 75, and 575 commute. i spent minimum 3hrs a day in my car, and thats if i luck out with easy traffic. same time/length commute if i took backroads also. i was going insane. the amount of white work vans blocking traffic in the fast lane and holding everyone up is ridiculous on that side of town. im convinced those idiots are responsible for all the traffic on 75 lol.

but hey, my commute is only 10minutes now lol. so i go through a tank of gas a month, instead of twice a week lol.

i had to move up here, used to live in marietta is why i worked in woodstock.

is that the hwy 166 exit like you are going to Ft. McPherson?! That is wayyyyyy too fast for that one!
October 1980 I hit the Grady curve at 115+ mph in a ‘76 El Camino and passed an Atl city cop on my way to Ga Baptist where my wife & MIL were. My wife was about to have our first son, the cop never even hit the blue lights or anything. In ‘96 I got a call from a nurse at Crawford Long hospital telling me I needed to hurry to the hospital because I had to sign paperwork for my Dad to have life saving surgery. I made it from my house NW of Newnan to the hospital in right at 20 minutes in a ‘96 Grand Marquis with the police handling pkg, I hit the Lakewood Ave curve at 103 mph (digital dash) in the outside lane and actually stayed in my lane and was still running 98 mph when I came outta the curve. Man, talk about a pucker factor of about 9.5 outta 10! I didn’t mean to hit that curve that fast. Lol! Those hwy’s were where I learned how to deal with traffic, the traffic wasn’t as bad in the mid 70’s but it could still be a helluva mess at times....

Simple, I deal with it for the compensation.
Will no longer after I retire.

Damn right. All that traffic are (is?) customers. My employees (plumbers) tell awful stories of their experiences in small towns; people with lack thereof or simply won't/ cannot pay for plumbing.

My wife tried to get something closer to home, but the benefits and pay were way off. So we just have comfortable vehicles to drive since we spend so much time in them

Back
Top Bottom