• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How big a pain in the ass is this red Loctite going to be?

How can I get this buffer tube off?

• Total voters
You can also slip the stock all the way back to the furthest setting. The heat won't transfer that far. Once it's hot enough to melt the thread locker use the stock to turn the buffer tube. Primal but effective and won't leave any unwanted marks or mars on the tube. I've done it half a dozen ways. It just depends on how ornery it wants to be.
That tip is very useful. Thanks. It hadn't occurred to me to use the stock for leverage.

That tip is very useful. Thanks. It hadn't occurred to me to use the stock for leverage.
I hope I am not to late. Don't use your prize stock. Use one of those generic carbine stocks. You can even let one rest at the second to the last adj. You will get more bite and it won't want to twist as much. I have faith in you Palmoon. A little heat and it won't be half as bad as you think it will. I

Long soak in Kroil, then heat with a heat gun, and shock. Shouldn’t be an issue; I deal with improper use of red Loctite on an almost daily basis in the shop.

Good thing is that it’s an Anderson receiver, and if it’s wrecked you ain’t out much in terms of money or property. Easy enough to replace, and even better to upgrade.

Happy to help if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom