• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How about a Food & Cooking forum?

Double Tap

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
42   0
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one around here that enjoys cooking, especially on the grill. Georgia is such a diverse state when it comes to food, a lot of which we harvest ourselves...venison, pig, steaks, chicken, seafood, trout, heck even alligator and squirrels. I'm always looking for a new pork or steak rub to try, fattie recipe, fried chicken or BBQ recipe, along with different cooking techniques...grill, kamado or even cooking in the ground. I know there are also lots of guys here who grow there own food, and who doesn't need advice about that? Squash, okra, tomatoes, corn, etc. Just a thought...and who wouldn't enjoy looking at pics of some of the epic cooks that happen every weekend here in GA?

Last edited:
Cooking??? Say it aiint so. That kind of thinking should be in Area 51. This has been pretty much a guys site about hunting and fishing and trading our toys and talking about manly stuff. I will all but Guarantee if you start a cooking section this will become like Pentrest or some other Chick site. Before you know it Women will take over this place. First they will talk about cooking meat but gradually turn to pots and pans then good table manners and before you know what happened they start sections on fashion, pop news and having babies. Don't get me wrong I like to eat good food as much as the next guy and help my wife out when she lets me but I come here for manly stuff only. Hunting, fishing, smart ass comment, stupid stuff, trading guns and what have you. Overall probably 95% of females won't like much of the stuff on this site and think some of its offensive and get there feelings hurt that's when they try to change it. That's what they do just because were men its on there DNA. Next thing the ban hammer starts dropping like cluster bombs over Taliban HQ and its all pink on the ODT. Im just saying you start a cooking section and it will be beginning of the en of a good thing. No sir I dont like the thought of what that can do to us one bit. That's all i got to say on the subject I'll just move on back over to the Firearms Chat.

Cooking??? Say it aiint so. That kind of thinking should be in Area 51. This has been pretty much a guys site about hunting and fishing and trading our toys and talking about manly stuff. I will all but Guarantee if you start a cooking section this will become like Pentrest or some other Chick site. Before you know it Women will take over this place. First they will talk about cooking meat but gradually turn to pots and pans then good table manners and before you know what happened they start sections on fashion, pop news and having babies. Don't get me wrong I like to eat good food as much as the next guy and help my wife out when she lets me but I come here for manly stuff only. Hunting, fishing, smart ass comment, stupid stuff, trading guns and what have you. Overall probably 95% of females won't like much of the stuff on this site and think some of its offensive and get there feelings hurt that's when they try to change it. That's what they do just because were men its on there DNA. Next thing the ban hammer starts dropping like cluster bombs over Taliban HQ and its all pink on the ODT. Im just saying you start a cooking section and it will be beginning of the en of a good thing. No sir I dont like the thought of what that can do to us one bit. That's all i got to say on the subject I'll just move on back over to the Firearms Chat.

I like food and I like Women.

Bring on the food section!!!!

Maybe we could add this as one of the ODT icons.

i39.tinypic.com_2ag55ah.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom