• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Horror stories?..what has happened to you reloading?

K79540

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
85   0
Reaction score
I've had a few powderless charges that resulted in wedged bullets in the barrel... :)...care to share your experience?...yeah we know you're perfect

Found a box of powder in my neighbor's trash when I was a kid. Poured it into a pile in my driveway and flicked matches at it. Got closer and closer until it finally lit. Had to explain to my parents why I had no eyelashes, eyebrows, or hair on the front of my head...

Loaded up 4 shotshells and picked my loading block up to carry over to the drill to roll crimp and dropped them. 6.5oz of tss #9 shot all over my floor. Once loaded 200 rounds of .223 only to find they were still slightly out of spec for my rifle and wouldn't full seat, that's when I learned to not just go by book specs..

Loaded up 4 shotshells and picked my loading block up to carry over to the drill to roll crimp and dropped them. 6.5oz of tss #9 shot all over my floor. Once loaded 200 rounds of .223 only to find they were still slightly out of spec for my rifle and wouldn't full seat, that's when I learned to not just go by book specs..
I think we have all taken a turn chasing #9 all over the bench and the floor lol

The mec’s if you don’t catch it in time the charge bars hang up and sling shot and or powder all over the place. After you clean up the mess a little graphite and your back to reloading. Now I put cookie sheets under the mec’s to contain it. Also keeps you from blowing up your wife’s vacuum!

Also had a 45 colt I didn't crimp good, when shooting my blackhawk the bullet worked its way out of the casing a little bit. I noticed it when I went to unload it after shooting a few shots. Unsure of how it would've done, I figure it would've gone off just fine but could've led to a squib possibly I reckon.

The mec’s if you don’t catch it in time the charge bars hang up and sling shot and or powder all over the place. After you clean up the mess a little graphite and your back to reloading. Now I put cookie sheets under the mec’s to contain it. Also keeps you from blowing up your wife’s vacuum!
I load my shotshells without a press, I've started putting a towel down so that if I do have a spill it doesn't bounce everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom