PewPewChris

Default rank <2000 posts
SpaceWrangler
2   0
Reaction score
6FCCD251-8EB9-4B92-B305-1685DCF93F9F.jpeg

06453EE1-DBE8-4EB6-B5EC-A14579DFB675.jpeg

83C19797-AEB2-4D05-89A3-7941F37639F1.png

I loaded these at 4.0G…although I think it really was on the lower side towards 3.9 based on my checks while loading. They shot great, no feed issues or anything. I’m going to load up a few hundred tomorrow!

Check your powder weight very often if you’re going to teeter on the hot side with Titegroup. I do believe the advertised max charges are still a little forgiving but be careful as that powder is one you can easily double charge or even start to gain weight on a progressive if not checked often lol

Check your powder weight very often if you’re going to teeter on the hot side with Titegroup. I do believe the advertised max charges are still a little forgiving but be careful as that powder is one you can easily double charge or even start to gain weight on a progressive if not checked often lol

I check my powder weight fairly often with both a digital and regular scale...but it remains my biggest fear as a new loader...so I try to be extremely careful

You didn't say what you intend on using these for, but if it's for USPSA or IDPA, you're gonna have to bump it up a little bit. You're only running a 116,380 Power Factor (bullet weight in grains X velocity in FPS = Power Factor). Both of those sports mandate a minimum of 125,000.

You didn't say what you intend on using these for, but if it's for USPSA or IDPA, you're gonna have to bump it up a little bit. You're only running a 116,380 Power Factor (bullet weight in grains X velocity in FPS = Power Factor). Both of those sports mandate a minimum of 125,000.
Target practice mainly with my EDC. I would imagine similar loads with a longer barreled match gun would probably get me over the 125,000 mark, no? I haven't dipped my toes in USPSA yet, still focusing on Steel Challenge and NRL22...but I plan to in the spring.

You'd normally want to have a little "fudge factor" built in, so I'd shoot for a 130,000 Power Factor. To make that with a 115, you'd have to run at least 1130 fps, a little over 100 fps faster than you're currently doing. I don't think an inch or two of barrel would make that up without throwing a little more powder at it....

You'd normally want to have a little "fudge factor" built in, so I'd shoot for a 130,000 Power Factor. To make that with a 115, you'd have to run at least 1130 fps, a little over 100 fps faster than you're currently doing. I don't think an inch or two of barrel would make that up without throwing a little more powder at it....
Bluedot and Longshot will get you there for sure in a 3.5" barrel, but bluedot will also give you a big fireball and rattle your teeth.

Back
Top Bottom