• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hornady .375 220grn FP Interlocks

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
I load these in .375 Winchester for Ohio deer, they’ve been discontinued, and I’m running low.

If anyone has any you’d be willing to turn loose of, or know where some can be found, I’d appreciate it.

Semper Fi!

FYI:
I have a 375 Winchester, and shoot a Hunters Supply 260grain, sized .376, cast bullet from Midway with a gas check added. My gas check is a Hornady gas check that I crimp on with the Lee Factory Crimp die by inserting the base into the die from above and crimping the gas check in place with the collet—kind of MickyMouse, but seems to work. I only started doing this as a way to shoot the gun more at the range. The gas check addition is made easier by using a spacer, such as a 308 case, within the die-gives something to set the bullet on as the GC is crimped. I use to worry that the GC might fall off in barrel, but it never has. I am not sure that it could.

Keeping the velocity under 1500fps, there is no leading of the barrel. I have not tried to find the “leading speed limit.”

Any powder on the medium to slow end will work. I used a lot of 800X, Blue Dot, and 2400 for 1400-1500 FPS and Universal Clays, and Trail Boss for subsonic loads. Pistol Primers seem to work fine for me with the pistol powders.

Back
Top Bottom