• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hooked on salt

YUP freshwater is mostly boring to me now, but i will bust my ass to get to some saltwater fish. I don't care if it's surf, inshore, or offshore but salt is special for sure

We own 2 condo's in Mexico Beach FLA. I have a offshore boat there it don't get much better!

Attachments

• snapper.jpg
    snapper.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 10
I have only went one time. Years ago but I don't know anyone else that does. The highlight of my trip and the most memorable fishing experience I have ever had was a 6 foot thresher shark. 6ft. without the tail. Awesome catch for me. What's crazy is that actually small compared to what's down there.

Amen. I believe salt water is good for the soul, mind and body. I make 3-4 trips to the coast a month to surf and pier fish (weather permitting) and hope to one day soon own a small flats boat. Even considering selling my bass boat. Something about the salt is just addicting.
Man 3-4 trips a month may be more cost efficient to move closer to the water. I mean they need tractor work on the coast as well.

used to do it when I was younger.....yep...drive to Destin....6 hours....launch the boat....rig and rig....up at 4am....I didn't go the 3 hours out, I stayed in less than 80'....fished for as long as I could stand it...5-6 hour....do it again the next day....then, load up that evening, and hit the road the next day for a 6 hour drive home....clean the boat and equipment the next day.........I'm exhausted just typing about it!!!
speaking of.....I've some gear that I haven't used in years, if you're interested...

Back
Top Bottom