• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda or Yamaha?

I have no opinion on the Grizzly or why the Rancher is better. I will say that a 420 Rancher is my favorite ATV. The reasons I like a rancher are.
1. Small enough to maneuver through trees, tight trails etc. Also small enough to load in a truck.
2. Enough power to pull a decent tire as well as anything else you should be doing with an ATV including pull behind spreaders, deer, spouse, kids etc.
3. Fuel injection hit the button and go.
4. Available in transmission options such as manual, electric and auto.
5. No belt.
6. Over all power to weight ratio is awesome.
Just a few of the reasons that come to mind.

Between those two? Rancher hands down.

Like Cam mentioned, they are small and light, fuel injected. The Electronic shift is popular, but i prefer the good ole manual but the ES is slick.

Between those two? Rancher hands down.

Like Cam mentioned, they are small and light, fuel injected. The Electronic shift is popular, but i prefer the good ole manual but the ES is slick.

The ES has come a long way from its intro. Even if the angle sensor (the most common/only issue with ES) goes out the price is down in the $20 range. Before ES was questionable also due to shifting with a dead battery. With FI it wont run with dead battery so it doesn't matter.

Sometimes it just feels good to change a gear.

The ES has come a long way from its intro. Even if the angle sensor (the most common/only issue with ES) goes out the price is down in the $20 range. Before ES was questionable also due to shifting with a dead battery. With FI it wont run with dead battery so it doesn't matter.

Sometimes it just feels good to change a gear.

That's fo sho. Thats me man, just love shifting those gears :rockon:

I dont like the way any of the irs bikes feel compared to a solid axel of any brand. I always liked yamaha but looks like honda will get my money on the next atv purchase. 500 foreman with twin rear shocks and a solid axel.

Back
Top Bottom