• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda Africa Twin motorbike help

I like Honda but if I had my heart set on a 650 I'd consider a Suzuki DR . But if you've found a good deal and like the ride...why not? Honda is well known for durability

I bought an xr650r from out of state that had a tag and title. It was a real blast but a little squirrelly on the street.
Tell a little more about where you plan to ride.
If it were mostly trails, I would probably get a DR400.
If I were mostly riding roads, I would probably get a 650 from Suzuki, Honda or Kawasaki. They are pretty much the same.
If you want o go hard core, there are lots of options, the Can Ams and KTMs and BMWs

I currently have a CRF450R with a title that I found in TN. I hope I get time to put a dual sport kit on it someday. LED lights give a lot of options that were not available before.

I like Honda but if I had my heart set on a 650 I'd consider a Suzuki DR . But if you've found a good deal and like the ride...why not? Honda is well known for durability

The Africa Twin that he is looking for is an older bike with a twin cylinder engine, vs the single cylinder that the DR650 had. The 650 AT is an old school Adventure bike and has a cult like following.

Totally hijacking your thread here but people reading this might have a lead on a Honda NT700V. I've been looking for one for about 6 months now. Drug my feet and missed on a deal on 2 that I found last September. It's a long shot but just throwing that out.

I'd like to get into a shaft driven sport tourer. The African's look really cool but just don't think I'd like it for more than about 20 miles of road riding and I don't have anywhere I could ride more than a handful of miles "off road"

Totally hijacking your thread here but people reading this might have a lead on a Honda NT700V. I've been looking for one for about 6 months now. Drug my feet an missed on a deal on 2 that I found last September. It's a long shot but just throwing that out.

I'd like to get into a shaft driven sport tourer. The African's look really cool but just don't think I'd like it for more than about 20 miles of road riding and I don't have anywhere I could ride more than a handful of miles "off road"
I have 2 Harley's and get bored with just riding on the road. I pass so many trails and dirt roads I'd love to explore. Anybody got a spare adventure bike and looking for a Harley, I got the hook up

Back
Top Bottom