• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homemade Body Armor?

Duck tape books and ceramic tile .. is the best inexpensive way. Put tile tile between 2 books and tape it up . Use the tape to make straps to ware it..done

When the S has HTF and you finally realize
the value of body armor for home defense or traveling by motor vehicle in ambush-prone areas,

You WON'T BE ABLE TO buy any factory made armor.
If commerce even still exists, all the stores will be sold out,
and I'll bet all delivery services will have ceased. Forget that welcome visit from tge Amazon Prime cargo van bringing you your order from Gall's Police Supply.

I say knowing how to improvise some D-I-Y armor is far better than going without any.

I've experimented with old circular saw / table saw blades placed in front of a stack of old newspapers and magazines, and the results were encouraging. Handgun bullets were soundly defeated, and .223 and 7.62 x39 rounds fragmented on the steel blade and the fragments only penetrated about 2 inches deep into the paper.

I think if I had put a 1" thick layer of pea gravel or small aquarium rocks after an inch of the paper, and made a final back layer of heavy duty webbing Material such as used on those 4 inch wide ratcheting tiedowns straps that big 18 wheeler flatbed truckers use...

I think (guess) this would stop rifle bullets for at least several hits before the vest loses its own integrity and starts falling apart.

And it would be wearable. Heavy and clumsy, yes, and three times thicker than proper factory-made rifle plate armor, but it'd still be wearable in an emergency.

3106CA01-8A77-4E9B-BF10-B765CA786154.jpeg
E630FFA1-2904-4FF0-B2E7-B10F6B14CA00.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom