Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. 10 Year Anniversary Gun Show & Swap Meet - August 29 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Home & Personal Protection Class

Thread in 'TruPrep' started by TruPrep, Jul 3, 2019.

1. TruPrep

TruPrep Frontiersman Dealer

Sponsor
    Rating
    100%
    More and more citizens are taking responsibility for their own security, whether it be at home or out and about. Personal security involves much more than getting a permit and carrying a handgun, or loading a shotgun and leaning it against the bedside table. Some of the considerations for home security include what type of weapons system and ammunition to employ, how to secure the system when not in use, use of lighting systems, how to work together as a team, and more. Personal protection outside the home has the same considerations, along with additional ones, such as methods of concealed carry and ancillary equipment. The glue that holds all these concepts together is Combat Mindset.

Topics covered in this course include:

• Combat mindset
    • Cooper color code system of situational awareness
    • OODA Loop
    • Physiological and psychological challenges under stress
    • Selecting a weapon system
    • Methods of concealed carry
    • Flashlights
    • Working as a team
    • Communication
    • Recommended reading
    • Real world examples of defensive engagements

Date: Saturday, July 20, 2019

Time: 10:00AM - 1:30PM

Cost: $35 per person

Class Size: 15 students

https://truprep.com/home-personal-security.html

Instructor: Rob Sheppard

Instructor Bio: Rob 'Shep' Sheppard is the owner and chief instructor of Precision Applications, LLC, a full-line firearms and tactics training school. Prior to starting Precision Applications, Shep was a SWAT Sniper for the Marietta Police Department. In addition to holding instructor certifications for a wide selection of firearms types, Shep is also an instructor for Use of Force, Team/Individual Tactics, and Less Lethal. Shep is currently employed in a law enforcement capacity with the Department of Homeland Security.

2. Earl Adams

Earl Adams Tracker Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have a couple of people I will recommend for the class. I’ve trained with Shep before and he is the real deal. I will take additional classes from him and believe the concepts he teaches are best in class.

GAgunLAWbooklet and TruPrep like this.
  3. GAgunLAWbooklet

GAgunLAWbooklet The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter Banned Until:
    Jun 1, 2020

Banned Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yep, I've done a shooting class with him before, and also a classroom-only presentation on a different topic .
    He's a good instructor, and he holds your attention.