• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holsters for Handguns with Lights

I've never seen a Kydex holster worth that kind of money. I don't like the look or feel. They all look homemade to me. In fact many of the ones I've seen for sale are from guys who make them in their spare time.

83rd I really find that interesting and I'll defer to you since it sounds like you have a lot more experience with them than I do. What is the retention and stiffness like on the Kydex ones that you use? The problems I've had is that they have been floppy with little to no retention.

83rd I really find that interesting and I'll defer to you since it sounds like you have a lot more experience with them than I do. What is the retention and stiffness like on the Kydex ones that you use? The problems I've had is that they have been floppy with little to no retention.

Check out some of the stuff by Safariland and some of the upper end Kydex manufacturers such as Raven, Com-tac, Talon Tactical, etc. There is a difference between the guys that know what they are doing and a basement shop.

Fobus, Serpas, etc are NOT high quality Kydex.

There are differences between brands, just like there are high and low quality leather makers.

Like the gent just posted I use safariland mostly for duty rigs. Again though it rally depends on what you intend on using it for. If for ccw etc then I'd go with a pancake style with thumbstrap if you can find one that will take the light on the gun as well. Google and see what you can come up with and post a few for people to comment on seems to be the best route to go.

Back
Top Bottom