• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hollow points through a supprrssor?

I run a TiRant 45M on my HK VP9sk mainly 147 gr golden saber jhp , I haven’t had and issue. With that being said I have been told the exact same thing what the OP was said to him. Albeit it was in the late 80’s early 90’s time frame. This is a question for the next Dead Air live video

The point I was making is 6000 ft./s I don’t know any bullet around that has that velocity so don’t understand the reason of the comment
I guess sarcastically, it would be “not possible” like mentioned above.
anyway it might just be the tequila talking
I don’t think I’ve ever spoken out before on a topic
I meant no offense whatsoever.

Pardon my ignorance, but what wide mouth hollow point, in any caliber, do you know of, that has those velocities?
I mean no disrespect at all, I just can’t comprehend that comment

I was being sarcastic.
Of course no "wide" HP bullet could get even close that high velocity,
though some small varmint bullets fired from huge bottle necked rifle cases
(like .220 Swift, or even a .243 Win with a 45 grain bullet) can reach 4000 f.p.s.

The "no JHP" thing, from what I gathered from my limited involvement with two 07/02s was the liability of concentricity/alignment problems.

Obviously, it would be more a problem with hollow-points over round noses if you had some barrel threads that your buddy did with a die and other hand tools and you had .020"+ runout at the end of the can.

It's like the "off-road only" disclaimer for aftermarket car stuff. The manufacturer is trying to cover themselves.

Back
Top Bottom