• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hold my beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short..

my Chevy Dually has a standard, non-dually bed so the outside rear tires stick out about 6” from the bed at the top, and about 9” at the bottom of the bed.

Thinking that I want a semi-rigid plastic/polymer/rubbery material about 11” wide and 40” long that I can secure (with metal screws, rivets or bolts/nuts) to the underside lip of the wheel wells.. sort of like a curved mud flap to stop mud from flinging all over the sides of my truck.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time online trying to source extra-wide fender flares but without success, and I need keep all 4 rear tires for hauling my farm equipment.

Ideas ?

I've seen rubber plow/grader edge used. It comes in 6-12' rolls and one side has holes for mounting.

Looks like the proper name is "cutting edge", comes in many widths and lengths:

Sounds a little too stiff, I don’t want to bend the bed if I hit the flare with something.

First thing I thought of was 18 wheeler mudflap material but it’s a little thick and more heavy.

I don’t mind it being a little flexible but I don’t want it to droop, or the wind to blow it out of shape while driving.

It's flexible and designed to wear some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom