• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hogs Showed up at the Deer Feeder

I’ve heard the meat on these wild hogs can be pretty gamey and not that favorable is that true?
Haven't experienced that with any. It's possible with a big ol' boar but 225# and under haven't had any bad. SIL and daughter and I have all taken hogs at different times . Good eating and fun Hunting.
OP that's a good one!

I’ve heard the meat on these wild hogs can be pretty gamey and not that favorable is that true?

Not in my opinion. I've cooked several whole over charcoal and they are delicious! We had some chops cut out of a big one we shot, hands down best ever. Also makes good sausage. I think the game taste comes from them running after being shot. Adrenalin gets pumping in all the meat

Not in my opinion. I've cooked several whole over charcoal and they are delicious! We had some chops cut out of a big one we shot, hands down best ever. Also makes good sausage. I think the game taste comes from them running after being shot. Adrenalin gets pumping in all the meat
Makes sense yeah I’ve just heard that before. Guess if you drop them where they stand it helps with the tenderness of the meat

I dispatched the hog above in the trap
I moved the trap away from the blood puddle, and it was very hard to move, pulling it end by end till several feet away

the only hogs I've got on camera so far are the 2 above
one reason I'm not seeing the amount of deer and hogs is the 32 acre corn field over the ridge was not planted and has been taken over by weeds

went to check the trap and add more corn yesterday
well the trap had been moved about 4 feet and all the corn was gone and the ground tore up
as my camera was focused on the tri-pod feeder, I can only suspect that Stacy Abrams in the 1st photo above (good call fastfish66) moved it to get the corn

he may have been around when his buddy got trapped and is now to leary about going in that trap

time will tell, i moved the camera to cover both feeder and trap

Back
Top Bottom