• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hisense Dehumidifier- Look at what their Customer Service told me to do!

Not sure if this was resolved but I had a similar issue.

Turns out on mine you need a plug to stop draining into bucket, then it will divert through hose.
Thanks - wasn’t a problem. This one didn’t have an internal bucket, only gravity drain plug. At least it was about a foot off ground so a good slope to the hvac pump

Get a whole house de hu either a stand alone or in conjunction with your furnace/ac. I put in a AprilAir 6 years ago and it has kept my basement/crawl space at 40% humidly. I got tired of replacing those midget ones.

JUST set this up a couple weeks ago...GE from HD...apparently, if you do not connect a hose, it will drain into the "bucket", so...it goes through the hose connection....AND, if there is no hose connected, it just drips into the "bucket"

20230907_153720.png

I just ordered this one. Needed a pump and it’s got good reviews and good reviews on customer service.
That one looks pretty good. These commercial ones are big and heavy and noisy, but maybe they'll last. And if the timer works the way I want, so I can run it only during the night when folks are not in the basement, that would be fantastic.

The one I illustrated does have a built in timer....I tried, and could not figure it out....I had a plug in timer sitting around, so I am using it....trying to get a balance between temp and humidly....this set up in in my prepping room, which needs to be less than 75 degrees, and less then 60% humidity...trying to work that out with the timer....

That one looks pretty good. These commercial ones are big and heavy and noisy, but maybe they'll last. And if the timer works the way I want, so I can run it only during the night when folks are not in the basement, that would be fantastic.
Says 64db and from the comment section they say it’s quite. I get it on Monday so I’ll update once it’s been running for a week or so.
I don’t use the timer. Just set it for 45% and let it ride.

Says 64db and from the comment section they say it’s quite. I get it on Monday so I’ll update once it’s been running for a week or so.
I don’t use the timer. Just set it for 45% and let it ride.
Double check the humidity level when it settles in. Mine registers about 10 points higher than actual (50 on display gets me 42 in the air)

Ok been a week and have to say this thing is well worth the money. Absolutely love it thus far.
Started out at 57% and a little musty smell so I set it for 35% and a week later it’s maintaining that easily. Musty smell is almost gone. When I first turned it on it went from 57% to 47% in 2hrs. I have two other sensors, one reading 35% and the other in my gun room 43% with door closed. Noise wise it’s great, maybe a little more than the 50pint unit I had. Highly recommend this unit for sure!
IMG_3196.jpeg
IMG_3197.jpeg

After 20 years of buying a darn dehumidifier every 2 years and paying $8 to junk them at the recycling plant here in my county, I started to look for repair videos on Youtube about how to charge them. All of them ended up getting low on the minimal charge they put in at the factory and the coils freeze over and won't take out humidity at all - or minimally.

The only problem was that they went to R410A refrigerant and the price skyrocketed. A 2lb top off bottle and hose and gauge was $200. This year, my latest dehumidifier went belly up and I lucked out and found a place to buy the 2lb bottle for $109 and another place to buy the hose/gauge, etc... All I needed was a Supco bullet piercing valve from Amazon. Got all that for around $150-$170 (hard to remember because this has been over a year's period.

BUT! I had a duplicate broken dehumidifier (same problem) waiting in the wings for a test case before I tear into the new one. Below are the pictures. It took some learning and following procedures but I got it charged up, sealed off and operating - NO FREEZING and beaucoup dehumidifying.. This place I got the bottle from also sells a 5lb bottle for $169 which I might buy if the rest of the 2lb bottle peters out before the second dehumidifier is done.......
These two rehabbed dehumifiers are STILL going strong. I'm never gonna have to buy another one from HD. I'll just get one that's been thrown out at the recycling center or from a neighbor and recharge it. :0)

Back
Top Bottom