• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High school cars....

WOW...
That’s an exciting project.... she is definitely a keeper now!

It runs pretty good. Definitely needs some body work. I enjoy having it to drive around the property and not worry about limbs scratching the paint, etc but part of me realllly wants to make her a street queen again and get her painted.

Tried to find original, but found this instead.

1968 Mercury Cyclone GT it had the 302 and 3speed on the floor. All white interior. Owned it for 3 months then got taken out buy someone running a red light. Really tried to find another, but kinda pricey. Had american racing mags, white letter tires, and a cherry bomb muffler.
scan0002.jpg

The first car I thought I was going to buy was a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente convertible with a 289 hi-po and a hurst 4 speed close-ratio tranny....my dad was supposed to go with the seller to the bank, pay for the car and sign the title while I was at school....I anxiously came home that day expecting to see my car in the driveway and was really disappointed when my dad said he put the kabosh on the deal....something about the driveshaft u-joints being bad (hmmmmm)....but I know he thought it was too "hot" a car for his 16 year old boy....so I ended up buying this 1963 Fiat 1100 sedan with "three-on-the-tree" for $150 bucks and my dad had to drag me home because it didn’t run....lol....took me a couple weeks of tinkering with the engine to get it running....even with that, I still managed to wear out a nearly new set of snow tires on the rear in less than 5000 miles (don’t ask me how)....my dad was very "intuitive" about this kid....LOL

f7951db7bfffec454b745a52ae84abd6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was a convertible 1965 (my birth year) Tbird, loaded, a woman was selling when I was looking for my first car for $900. Nothing wrong with it. I was 15 and wanted to buy it. My dad said it was an "old car" and it wasn't going to happen. :doh:

Yeah, in 1980 a fifteen year old car shouldn’t have cost more than $300-$500 at most and back then discount auto parts dealers like AutoZone, Advance, PepBoys, etc. were not very plentiful.... which meant you had to go to the dealership for parts and they didn’t stock much beyond 10 year old vehicles.... but if you had that car TODAY....you’d have a treasure on your hands....

Yeah, in 1980 a fifteen year old car shouldn’t have cost more than $300-$500 at most and back then discount auto parts dealers like AutoZone, Advance, PepBoys, etc. were not very plentiful.... which meant you had to go to the dealership for parts and they didn’t stock much beyond 10 year old vehicles.... but if you had that car TODAY....you’d have a treasure on your hands....

Well, I wound up paying $500 for a Pinto, so all things considered, I'd have sprung the extra for the convertible Tbird.

1985 dodge aries k car in red with red interior, got it from my Grandma. I hate red cars and was thankful for wheels and drove it for sure. But man k cars are ugly and slow

Back
Top Bottom