• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High-end coolers?

I completely understand wanting to buy a quality product especially if you will be using it a lot. But I DO NOT understand paying what Yeti coolers go for. I think it's just another redneck trend. It's another sticker for the truck rear window to go next to the Costa sunglasses sticker. Seriously, after you pay close to $400.00 for one of their coolers what can you put in it, maybe a pack of bologna and 6 Milwaukee's Best?

Last time I loaded my Yeti 65 it was with 36 canned beers, 4 gatorades, 4 waters, a little over 20 pounds of ice, and 4 foot long subs (on the tray to stay out of the ice) and on the way back to the marina I had room to store three approximately 3 pound Spanish Mackerel without a problem. Just saying.

I am looking at the 65qt Pelican, I go to hunting camp for a week at a time. Having Ice keep that long, in the long run would pay for itself..Figuring in the cost of fuel needed to go back and forth for Ice

I am looking at the 65qt Pelican, I go to hunting camp for a week at a time. Having Ice keep that long, in the long run would pay for itself..Figuring in the cost of fuel needed to go back and forth for Ice

This is one of the reasons I invested in them too. I'm far from town/store where I hunt and I could stay for days and deplete my cooler contents and still have ice left in it for kill meat for the 3+ hour drive home.

LOL, now that's funny:)

I completely understand wanting to buy a quality product especially if you will be using it a lot. But I DO NOT understand paying what Yeti coolers go for. I think it's just another redneck trend. It's another sticker for the truck rear window to go next to the Costa sunglasses sticker. Seriously, after you pay close to $400.00 for one of their coolers what can you put in it, maybe a pack of bologna and 6 Milwaukee's Best?

Do you realize how many styrofoam coolers you could buy with three hundred dollars?

Don't think it's the price that is a concern. It's very annoying to have to go get ice all the time while on trip. The foam coolers always got crushed in trunk when I use to use them.

Back
Top Bottom