• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High dollar caged deer hunts.

Um ok. And shooting a deer and intentionally hitting one with your vehicle or setting out poison are all ways to kill a deer.

I don’t understand your logic but that’s ok...I am just glad we are all free for now and can hunt deer in many different ways

Hunt, kill, eat. If it is legal make your own choices. I have a friend with a lot of money that goes on one hunt a year that costs him about 8k. He and his wife eat the animal and he mounts it. They don't look like real deer to me but he seems to enjoy it and traveling out of state. He is in his 70's. He knows how I hunt and has invited me several times to go with him. I respectfully decline but he knows how I feel about it. It is not something I would choose but it is a free country and like my friend he uses every part of the animal. I tell him I could buy a good used car for what he puts out for his" hunts" every year....lol.

A lot of these type places pay into conservation efforts which is great.

But it still doesn't sit right with me.

There seem to be lots of folks that just want to kill an animal. I don't get trophy hunting, don't think I ever will.

I had the same opinion years ago, but then I matured and grew up. I learned to mind my own business and let people do what they want with their time and money. That being said I have never been on a deer hunt like that or do I plan to. But I do plan to support everyone who humanely kills and support hunting as a whole. Stop worrying about being a elitist and worry about how you want to share hunting with other people and teach people your tradition. Im thankful for those who showed me and I hope I have been able to share with others what I know.

Don't get me wrong, Just like big 4WD trucks and Jeeps without any limb scratches down the side of them, These hunts are useful for profiling purposes.
I think its nice when the less than rugged pretend to be like us.

I’m not killing for food either. I’m gonna eat that tasty deer all year long but I’m killing for sport. I hunt for the solitude, the peace, the beauty, the adrenaline, the excitement and disappointment, the hopes of getting a trophy the list could keep going and eventually I would land on meat. If meat where higher on my list I’d be in trouble. I’ve killed one measly deer that was barely out of its spots. I get all the meet I want from my buddy whose brother owns a processor in Monticello.

It seems that paying 10k takes all the things on my list of reasons why I hunt out of it. Don’t think I would bother. I just don’t get the outrage. Look I know I’m walking in here like a troll but I’m not trolling. Seems like a solid business plan on the side of the ranch. Nothing goes to waste. Rich dude gets to spend money. And the buck got to live in the lap of luxury, eating the most nutritious food on the planet, surrounded by the healthiest does available until he didn’t.

Boy Scouts used to have a Paid Elk hunt at Philmont scout ranch in New Mexico. Big fee, you get an Elk tag and a guided hunt...they maintain their herd at a certain population. All meat not kept by the hunter goes to a food bank. I don't see a problem with people paying crazy $$ for what they want. I don't think any of these guided hunts are cutting heads and letting meat rot. IF you would punch someone in the face for paying 10k to take a trophy and having the meat goto a food bank...well, DIAF.

Back
Top Bottom