• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High dollar caged deer hunts.

I don't think shooting over a baited field is very fair either.Hunt in the woods on even terms.Hunting with muzzle loaders that are really high power rifles.Crossbows with scopes durning archery season all over baited fields,fair if you say so.

Again, I don't really care how anyone hunts. I don't even care if someone shoots a deer at night as long as they need the meat and do it on their own land. I don't do any of these things, but it's none of my business what anyone else is doing as long as they aren't bothering anyone else.

I've hunted southern zone for more than 20 years. Bait might work early season and late season, but I hardly ever see a deer shot over bait throughout the majority of the season. Once the acorns fall, deer don't seem to go for the corn as much. Just an observation. I don't bait either. I think its overrated.

Modern muzzleloaders, crossbows, etc are fine by me. I believe shotguns should be allowed during "primitive weapons" season, since none of these weapons are primitive, anyway. At the very least single shot shotguns should be allowed. They are as primitive as any of these other modern tools.

Well said.

We keep corn out during season in areas where we take our children hunting and as a supplement.
I still teach my kids to scout, read sign and pattern the deer based on feed and cover/water. Some corn might be placed there to stop the deer so they can get a clean shot at a stationary target.
Woodsmanship seems to be a lost art nowadays. Bad woodsmanship is one of the reasons folks often can’t seal the deal.

Meh, both wimmen are full of it, “probably” punch him don’t mean squat and $10k trophy hunt is “probably” just bragging about money. Shut up and go make me a sammich.

Back
Top Bottom